Discussing Awards for Immoral Use of Site

• Thread starter humanino
  • Start date
In summary, this conversation is about whether or not new kind of 'award' should be given to people suspected of using the site for immoral purposes. The conversation goes on to say that if someone posts good information on the forum, they do not deserve an award, but those who are bad should get an award.
humanino
New kind of... "award" ?

If somebody is strongly suspected by a reliable person or even one of the moderators to use this great site for immoral purposes, such as propagating racist ideas in the form of (pseudo-)scientific work, should not the moderators discuss to award him/her with "please read this post with caution" or something like that (maybe more explicit) ?

I am not making any reference here. Just a suggestion...

Physics news on Phys.org
I should get the 60+ posts in 2 days award. :smile:

musky_ox said:
I should get the 60+ posts in 2 days award. :smile:

But would that really be an award ? :uhh:

regards
marlon :cool:

I should get the 60+ posts in 2 days award.

If your posts involved the betterment of the physicsforums community in some way, I would agree; yet all you do is attack mentors like Chroot, and I see that as nothing to be proud of.

Gza said:
If your posts involved the betterment of the physicsforums community in some way, I would agree; yet all you do is attack mentors like Chroot, and I see that as nothing to be proud of.

It's amazing how some people cherish quantity over quality.

Hmm...on the topic of "other" medals, maybe we should give out a crackpot medal. Some might like to wear it as a badge of honor, but at least we'd see them coming! :rofl: It might also help those without medals feel better about their status :smile:

Afterall, there are plenty of people around who may not be "experts" (as if such a thing really exists), but who do have the good sense to know their limits and who have great potential of becoming an expert someday. With or without a medal, these steadfast posters who contribute lots of questions and limit their answers to what they do know (or venture an ocassional educated guess pre-empted with the warning it is a guess) are perhaps the most valuable in a forum setting. Really, no one should think they aren't appreciated just because they didn't get a medal.

I should get the "Quality gambling service paradigm award for moneymaking and teamwork excellence" (count the buzzwords!) I made the shop £5,500 today.

Moonbear said:
Afterall, there are plenty of people around who may not be "experts" (as if such a thing really exists), but who do have the good sense to know their limits and who have great potential of becoming an expert someday.
I would rather never have the "expert" medal, even though I hope becoming physicist. That would require me much more attention in my posts :wink: :biggrin:

That is a terrible acknowledgment I just did :redface: :redface: :shy:

I get you Humanino

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

1. What are the criteria for receiving an award for immoral use of site?

The criteria for receiving an award for immoral use of site may vary depending on the specific situation. However, some common factors that may be considered include the severity of the violation, the impact on others, and the intent behind the action.

2. How are individuals or organizations nominated for this award?

Individuals or organizations may be nominated for this award by a third party, such as a member of the community or the site's administrators. In some cases, the site itself may also identify and nominate individuals or organizations for the award based on their actions on the site.

3. Are there different levels of awards for immoral use of site?

Yes, there may be different levels of awards for immoral use of site depending on the severity of the violation. For example, a minor violation may result in a warning or a temporary suspension, while a more serious violation may result in a permanent ban from the site.

4. Can someone appeal or contest an award for immoral use of site?

It may be possible to appeal or contest an award for immoral use of site, depending on the specific circumstances and the policies of the site. However, it is important to note that the decision of the site's administrators or moderators is final and may not be reversed.

5. What are the potential consequences of receiving an award for immoral use of site?

The potential consequences of receiving an award for immoral use of site may vary, but could include public shaming, loss of privileges on the site, or even legal action depending on the severity of the violation. It is important to follow the rules and guidelines of a site to avoid these consequences.