Entering simulink 3D look-up table data from MATLAB

In summary, the conversation is about creating a contour plot in MATLAB and using a 3D look-up table in Simulink. The speaker is struggling with understanding how to use the 3D look-up table and is seeking help.
Alex91
I have created a contour plot in MATLAB using the following code:

>> NP=40;
>> [RP TP]=meshgrid(linspace(min(RPM),max(RPM),NP),linspace(min(BMEP),max(BMEP),NP));
>> BSFC_IT=griddata(RPM,BMEP,BSFC,RP,TP);
>> NC=12;
>> Fig1=figure;
>> [CT HT]=contourf(RP,TP,BSFC_IT,round(logspace(log10(210),log10(400),NC)));
>> colorbar;
>> %clabel(CT,HT);
>> xlabel('Engine Speed (rpm)')
>> ylabel('BMEP (bar)')
>> title('Contours of BSFC (g/kWh)')

I would like to put all of my data in a 3D look-up table in Simulink, then when I insert a value for x and y it returns me a value for z.

Is there any way I can do this? I've been looking at how to use 3D look-up tables but I can't get my head around it.

Any help is much apreciated.

Cheers

Alex

Attachments

• BSFC Plot.png
    BSFC Plot.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 870
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

What is a Simulink 3D look-up table?

A Simulink 3D look-up table is a tool in Simulink, a graphical programming environment in MATLAB, used for interpolating between data points to generate output values. It is commonly used for modeling and simulating dynamic systems.

How do I enter data into a Simulink 3D look-up table from MATLAB?

To enter data into a Simulink 3D look-up table from MATLAB, you can use the "Lookup Table Editor" in Simulink. This allows you to manually enter data points and their corresponding output values, or you can import data from a file.

What are the benefits of using a Simulink 3D look-up table?

A Simulink 3D look-up table allows for efficient and accurate interpolations between data points, reducing the need for complex mathematical equations. It also provides a visual representation of the data, making it easier to understand and modify.

Can I use a Simulink 3D look-up table for multidimensional data?

Yes, a Simulink 3D look-up table can handle multidimensional data. You can specify multiple input variables and their corresponding output values, allowing for more complex simulations and models.

Is it possible to edit a Simulink 3D look-up table once it has been entered?

Yes, you can edit a Simulink 3D look-up table at any time. In the "Lookup Table Editor," you can add, remove, or modify data points and their corresponding output values. This allows for flexibility and fine-tuning of your model or simulation.