Thanks Mentors for another good year.

• Praise
  • Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is a group of people expressing their gratitude to the mentors for their hard work and dedication to making the forum a great place. They thank the mentors for their behind the scenes work and express their love for the forum. The conversation also includes some playful banter about how many times the gratitude should be repeated.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thanks for another good year here.

Thank you mentors for all the behind the scene work you guys do. You all make me proud to be a member here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Seconded. :smile: PF is at the top of my list of places to visit each day. Thanks for everything Mentors! It's because of you that PF is such a great place.

Thirded, cheers to all!

Err... thirded?
Even though I'm not as active here as I used to be, I still like coming here a lot.
Keep up the great work!

[edit]To slow, so I guess it would have to be fourthed. Or maybe... pied?[/edit]

You guys make the forum what it is, we love having you here.

Fifthded. Have a happy New Year!

n-thed, as n --> ∞.

(Yes, I'm aware this is extremely stupid.)

Hooray for hard working mentors!

I wanted to nth-ed it too! Thanks to the mentors, this is a brilliant forum!

Thanks, mentors!

What about everyone who agrees just says "++n-thed".

++n-thed. :biggrin:

One could say that we're an inductively coherent crowd.

++n-theded.

1. What is the purpose of thanking mentors?

The purpose of thanking mentors is to show appreciation for their guidance, support, and contributions throughout the year. It is a way to acknowledge their hard work and dedication in helping others succeed.

2. How do mentors benefit from being thanked?

Being thanked by their mentees can boost a mentor's morale and motivation. It also reinforces the mentor-mentee relationship and can lead to a stronger bond. Mentors may also feel a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment knowing they have positively impacted someone's life.

3. Should mentors be thanked at the end of every year?

It is a good practice to thank mentors at the end of each year as a way to show gratitude for their ongoing support and guidance. However, mentors can also be thanked throughout the year for specific contributions or achievements.

4. How else can we show appreciation for mentors besides saying thank you?

Besides verbal or written expressions of gratitude, there are many ways to show appreciation for mentors. This can include small gestures such as taking them out for coffee or lunch, giving them a gift, or writing a personalized thank you note. It can also involve actively listening to their advice and implementing it.

5. Is it necessary to thank mentors if they are getting paid for their services?

While some mentors may receive compensation for their services, it is still important to thank them. Their time, expertise, and effort are valuable, and expressing gratitude is a meaningful way to recognize their contributions. It also shows respect and appreciation for their role as a mentor.