De Shaw Research: Selective and Prestigious Recruitment

• Thread starter walkhard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Research
In summary, the conversation discusses the recruitment email received from De Shaw research group, which specifically mentions the recipient's qualifications and asks for their resume. The group is known for valuing high test scores and GPA's, as well as math competition experience, and their interview process involves math puzzles similar to those seen in math olympiads. The conversation also mentions a link to the glassdoor page where individuals can share their experience with the De Shaw interview process.
walkhard
Hello to all,

I got this recruitment email from De Shaw research group. It didn't seem to be a generic recruitment email as it mentioned about the things I was doing, and asked for my resume.

Do anyone have any experience with their recruitment process, or also have received a similar email?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes.

DEShaw is a little unusual in that they are the only company that I know of that cares about your test scores, so if you write your resume for them, you should emphasis high test scores and GPA's, and things like math competitions. Also the interview is a series of math puzzles similar to the ones that you get in math olympiads.

Thank You. Looks like its going to be similar to my Google interview process.

I am familiar with De Shaw Research and their reputation as a highly selective and prestigious research group. It is not uncommon for them to reach out to individuals who have a strong background and experience in their field. Receiving a personalized email from them is a testament to your skills and qualifications, and it is certainly worth considering. However, it is always important to thoroughly research any potential employer and their recruitment process before making any decisions. I suggest reaching out to others who have gone through their recruitment process or contacting the company directly to gather more information. Best of luck in your decision-making process.

FAQ: De Shaw Research: Selective and Prestigious Recruitment

1. What kind of positions does De Shaw Research typically recruit for?

De Shaw Research primarily recruits for research and development positions in the fields of computational biology, chemistry, and physics. They also occasionally have openings for software engineering and data science roles.

2. What qualifications does De Shaw Research look for in candidates?

De Shaw Research seeks candidates with a strong academic background in a relevant field, such as computer science, mathematics, or a natural science. They also value candidates with research experience, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a passion for cutting-edge technology.

3. What is the application process for De Shaw Research?

The application process for De Shaw Research typically involves submitting a resume, cover letter, and any relevant materials (such as publications or code samples). Selected candidates will then go through multiple rounds of interviews, which may include technical assessments and presentations.

4. Are there any specific requirements for international applicants?

De Shaw Research welcomes international applicants and offers sponsorship for work visas if necessary. However, candidates must have the necessary qualifications and experience to work in the United States.

5. Does De Shaw Research offer any internships or entry-level positions?

Yes, De Shaw Research offers internships for undergraduate and graduate students as well as entry-level positions for recent graduates. These positions provide valuable hands-on experience and the opportunity to work with a talented team on cutting-edge research projects.