Repeatablity of flowmeter

by rollingstein
Tags: flowmeter, repeatablity
Share this thread:
rollingstein
Oct1-13, 08:07 AM
PF Gold
P: 330
Can a flow meter whose scale has graduations only 2 units apart (e.g. 90,92,94,96,98,100) have a legitimate advertised repeatablity of 0.5% of the Full Scale?

The scale runs 0 to 100 so that'd mean readings repeatable within 0.5%. When marks itself are 2 units apart how does this make sense?

In particular, I was referring to this instrument:

http://www.omega.com/Green/pdf/FL1500.pdf
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Future phones to use blood and speech to monitor HIV, stress, nutrition
Neuron circuit may enable pitch perception applications
Quasi-distributed temperature sensors from draw-tower fabrication technology
Integral
Oct1-13, 08:57 AM
Mentor
P: 7,318
That means that for a given flow, the bob will always return to within .5% the same spot every time. Not sure how the spacing of the scale lines could possibly effect that.
rollingstein
Oct1-13, 09:03 AM
PF Gold
P: 330
Quote Quote by Integral View Post
That means that for a given flow, the bob will always return to within .5% the same spot every time. Not sure how the spacing of the scale lines could possibly effect that.
In the sense, if you do not have a fine enough spacing of scale lines how do you know it returned to the same spot or how close to the same spot.

I guess an external mark, but to a user of the instrument isn't any repeatablity less than the minimum scale graduation a lost metric. How can he use it?

Register to reply