GAMSAT Physics Q: Can't Understand Answer? Get Help Here!

• Thread starter luysion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, GAMSAT Physics is a section of the GAMSAT that evaluates your understanding of basic physics concepts in a medical context. It is important to comprehend the answers in this section as it contributes significantly to your overall score and is essential for success in medical school. If you're struggling to understand an answer, it's recommended to break down the question, review relevant concepts and seek help if needed. There are various strategies to approach GAMSAT Physics questions, including careful reading, critical thinking, and practice. Preparation involves reviewing physics concepts, practicing with past papers, and having a strong foundation in other science subjects.
luysion
http://prepgenie.co.nz/gamsat/gamsat-questions/gamsat-sample-physics/
hey there's a question here if you scroll down a bit, i don't understand how the answer is C
can you please explain this to me cheers, and much appreciation to any that help.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You sure answer is C.. If we assume pulley is at rest.. by me it should be B, 240/7 N..

EDIT: And the pulley does seem at rest in image (it didn't download earlier!)

1. What is GAMSAT Physics?

GAMSAT Physics is a section of the Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) that assesses your understanding of basic physics concepts and their applications in a medical context. It covers topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, waves, and optics.

2. Why is it important to understand the answers in GAMSAT Physics?

Understanding the answers in GAMSAT Physics is crucial because this section contributes significantly to your overall GAMSAT score. Additionally, having a strong foundation in physics is essential for success in medical school and as a practicing physician.

3. What should I do if I can't understand the answer in GAMSAT Physics?

If you're struggling to understand an answer in GAMSAT Physics, don't panic. Take a step back and try to break down the question into smaller parts. Review the relevant concepts and equations, and consider seeking help from a tutor or study group. Practice and persistence are key to improving your understanding.

4. Is there a specific approach to answering GAMSAT Physics questions?

Yes, there are various strategies you can use to approach GAMSAT Physics questions. It's essential to read the question carefully, identify the relevant concepts, and use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to arrive at the correct answer. Practice and familiarizing yourself with the GAMSAT format can also help improve your approach.

5. How can I prepare for GAMSAT Physics?

Preparation for GAMSAT Physics involves reviewing the relevant physics concepts, practicing with past papers and mock exams, and seeking help if needed. It's also crucial to have a strong foundation in other science subjects, such as biology and chemistry, as they may be integrated into GAMSAT Physics questions.