Scilab Help: Create 3D Surface Code | Due Tuesday

In summary, to create a 3D surface in Scilab, use the surf function with parameters x, y, and z. The appearance of the surface can be customized using various parameters such as color, color map, and lighting. Labels and annotations can also be added using the xlabel, ylabel, zlabel, and title functions. The plot can be saved as an image or file using export functions and can be manipulated using tools like zoom, rotate, pan, and data cursor, or by using set and get functions for more advanced changes. Refer to the Scilab help documentation for more details and examples.
Ann_Hope
Hi all
I'm new to scilab. I was given an assignment to use scilab to draw a 3D surface. It needs to be creative and clearly noted what the codes mean. I'm totally freaking out with my assignment because it is due Tuesday next week. I would apprecriate anyone who could help me. Thanks for noticing my post as well.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. How do I create a 3D surface in Scilab?

To create a 3D surface in Scilab, you can use the surf function. This function takes in three parameters: x, y, and z, which represent the coordinates of the points on the surface. You can also specify the color of the surface using the color parameter. For more details and examples, refer to the Scilab help documentation.

2. Can I customize the appearance of the 3D surface in Scilab?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the 3D surface in Scilab by using various parameters in the surf function. For example, you can change the color of the surface, add a color map, and adjust the lighting and shading of the surface. Refer to the Scilab help documentation for a full list of available parameters.

3. Is it possible to add labels and annotations to the 3D surface in Scilab?

Yes, you can add labels and annotations to the 3D surface in Scilab using the xlabel, ylabel, and zlabel functions. These functions allow you to add labels to the x, y, and z axes respectively. You can also use the title function to add a title to your 3D surface plot. Refer to the Scilab help documentation for more details.

4. Can I save my 3D surface plot in Scilab as an image or a file?

Yes, you can save your 3D surface plot in Scilab as an image or a file by using the available export functions. For example, the xs2png function allows you to save the plot as a PNG image, while the mtlb_export function lets you save the plot as a MATLAB file. Refer to the Scilab help documentation for more export options.

5. How can I manipulate the 3D surface plot in Scilab?

There are various ways to manipulate the 3D surface plot in Scilab. You can use the zoom and rotate tools to change the view of the plot, or you can use the pan tool to move the plot around. You can also use the data cursor tool to inspect specific points on the plot. For more advanced manipulation, you can use the set and get functions to modify individual properties of the plot. Refer to the Scilab help documentation for more details.