Course of theoretical physics

In summary, the Course of Theoretical Physics is a comprehensive series of ten books written by Lev Landau and Evgeny Lifshitz, covering various topics in theoretical physics. It is primarily aimed at graduate and advanced undergraduate students, but can also be used as a reference for researchers and professionals. The books are known for their rigorous and advanced level of content, and are organized in a logical and progressive manner. Although some content may be outdated, the Course of Theoretical Physics is still considered a fundamental and influential resource in the field.
exo
Hello I just finished my second year at university, my major is electrical engineering.I took classical mechanics and electricity & magnetism and I really liked them.Do you think I can handle Landau and Lifschitz books on theoretical physics.I am concerned about the mathematics in the books, at university I've taken single and multivariable calculus, linear algebra and differential equations.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You should be able to handle them; it seems you already have the necessary prereqs.

What is the Course of Theoretical Physics?

The Course of Theoretical Physics is a series of ten books written by theoretical physicists Lev Landau and Evgeny Lifshitz. It covers various topics in theoretical physics, including mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, and statistical physics.

Who is the target audience for the Course of Theoretical Physics?

The Course of Theoretical Physics is primarily aimed at graduate and advanced undergraduate students in physics. However, it can also be used as a reference for researchers and professionals in the field.

What is the level of difficulty of the Course of Theoretical Physics?

The Course of Theoretical Physics is known for its rigorous and advanced level of mathematical and theoretical content. It is often considered a challenging but essential resource for those pursuing a career in theoretical physics.

How is the Course of Theoretical Physics organized?

The Course of Theoretical Physics is divided into ten volumes, each focusing on a specific topic in theoretical physics. The books are structured in a logical and progressive manner, with each volume building upon the concepts from previous ones.

Is the Course of Theoretical Physics still relevant today?

Yes, the Course of Theoretical Physics is still considered a fundamental and influential resource in the field of theoretical physics. While some of the content may be outdated, the books still provide a solid foundation and understanding of the principles and concepts in theoretical physics.