Physics textbook recommendation

In summary: Code=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001C3ZF4O&linkId=B2A5AEEF3C5C284EB1"Advanced Level Physics" by David A. Adler"A Level Physics" by Nigel Calder
Nikon33
Hello ,I would like to get a physics book that will cover as many topics as possible.
I would prefer a book with a straight forward approach and some applications.

I am currently in high school and I am finishing a college algebra and trigonometry book.
I have only done a bit of Newtonian physics at school (very boring!).

Thanks in advance :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey! Newtonian Mechanics isn't boring!

Anyway, when you start doing some calculus, the Feynman Lectures are never a bad place to start!

hitmeoff said:
Hey! Newtonian Mechanics isn't boring!

Anyway, when you start doing some calculus, the Feynman Lectures are never a bad place to start!

Hey ,didn't mean the subject is boring ,in my country physics course is lame :-(.

BTW I love Newtonian Mechanics.

I got College physics by R.Serway from my local library and it seems good any other recommendations apart from Feymnan??

Nikon33 said:
I got College physics by R.Serway from my local library and it seems good any other recommendations apart from Feymnan??
Ugh. That's one of the worst physics books it's ever been my misfortune to teach from. It's a totally mindless plug-in book. The Feynman lectures are great, but difficult mathematically. Touger is probably the best of a bad lot when it comes to algebra-based books.

1. What is the best physics textbook for beginners?

The best physics textbook for beginners is "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the subject with clear explanations and examples.

2. What is the most popular physics textbook used in universities?

The most popular physics textbook used in universities is "University Physics" by Hugh D. Young and Roger A. Freedman. It is widely used in introductory physics courses and covers a wide range of topics.

3. Are there any free online physics textbooks available?

Yes, there are several free online physics textbooks available. Some popular options include "OpenStax Physics" and "CK-12 Physics."

4. What is the best physics textbook for advanced students?

The best physics textbook for advanced students is "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David J. Griffiths. It covers advanced topics in electromagnetism and is commonly used in upper-level physics courses.

5. Are there any interactive physics textbooks available?

Yes, there are interactive physics textbooks available. Some examples include "The Physics Classroom" and "Interactive Physics." These textbooks incorporate animations, simulations, and interactive exercises to enhance the learning experience.