Good tutorials on Algebra II, trig and calc?

In summary, there are many good tutorials available for Algebra II, trigonometry, and calculus. These tutorials can be found online through various educational websites and platforms. They provide comprehensive explanations, examples, and practice problems to help students better understand these complex mathematical concepts. Additionally, there are also many resources and videos available on YouTube that offer step-by-step instructions and visual aids for easier learning. With these valuable resources, students can improve their understanding and performance in these challenging subjects.
Nerdydude101
I want to learn algebra II, trig and calc over the summer but I have a terrible time learning by reading, so is there some youtuber that does tutorials or a program like code academy except for math? Thanks!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I'm like that as well, reading textbooks can be very boring indeed. There are tons of videos, look on learnerstv.com for example. You'll probably need a book to give you the topics but there is a lot of information online about school subjects.

Are good textbooks on these Mathematics courses rare in your location? The best instruction for these three are found in textbooks dedicated to them. YouTube videos from Khan Academy and some others (do a search on YouTube) are also very helpful. Practice exercises and example problems are necessary. Two other sources found on YouTube which are helpful are DrJamesTanton, and BullCleo1 channels.

You can check Khan|Academy:
  • Algebra II
    1. Systems of equations and inequalities
    2. Functions and their graphs
    3. Polynomial and rational functions
    4. Rational expressions
    5. Exponential and logarithmic functions
    6. Logarithms
    7. Imaginary and complex numbers
    8. Conic sections
    9. Matrices
  • Trigonometry
    1. Basic trigonometry
    2. Unit circle definition of trig functions
    3. Graphs of trig functions
    4. Trig identities and examples
  • Precalculus
    1. Vectors
    2. Parametric equations and polar coordinates
    3. Probability and combinatorics
    4. Sequences, series and induction
    5. Hyperbolic functions
    6. Limits (Preview)
  • Calculus I
    • Differential Calculus
      1. Limits
      2. Taking derivatives
      3. Derivative applications
    • Integral Calculus
      1. Indefinite and definite integrals
      2. Solids of revolution
      3. Sequences, series and function approximation

1. What are the best resources for finding good tutorials on Algebra II, trig and calc?

The best resources for finding good tutorials on Algebra II, trig and calc are online education platforms such as Khan Academy, Coursera, and edX. These platforms offer a wide range of free and paid courses and tutorials taught by experienced instructors.

2. How can I determine if a tutorial on Algebra II, trig and calc is good?

A good tutorial on Algebra II, trig and calc should have clear and concise explanations, examples that are relevant and easy to understand, and practice problems with solutions. It should also have positive reviews and ratings from previous users.

3. Are there any specific apps or software that offer good tutorials on Algebra II, trig and calc?

Yes, there are several apps and software that offer good tutorials on Algebra II, trig and calc. Some popular ones include Photomath, Mathway, and WolframAlpha. These apps provide step-by-step solutions and explanations for a variety of math problems.

4. Can I find good tutorials on Algebra II, trig and calc for free?

Yes, there are many free tutorials available for Algebra II, trig and calc. As mentioned earlier, online education platforms like Khan Academy and Coursera offer free courses and tutorials. You can also find free tutorials on YouTube, math websites, and blogs.

5. How can I make the most out of tutorials on Algebra II, trig and calc?

To make the most out of tutorials on Algebra II, trig and calc, it is important to have a clear understanding of the basics. Make sure to take notes, pause the tutorial to try solving problems on your own, and practice regularly. It is also helpful to ask questions and seek clarification if needed.