Solutions: QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji

• Thread starter Stevie_M
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Qm
In summary, the individual has been studying with a certain book for a few weeks and has been solving exercises to prepare for an upcoming exam. However, there are no solutions available in the book to check their answers. They are wondering if solutions can be found elsewhere. After some research, they have found that solutions are not available and are considering finding a book with similar exercises and solutions. A suggested option is the book Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications by Zettili.
Stevie_M
Hey guys,
I studied with this book now for some weeks. The last few days I solved a lot of exercises to prepare for the exam, but unfortunately I can not check if my answers are correct. There are no solutions in this book. Does anyone know if the solutions are availabe somewhere? This would be very very helpful. Thanks in advance. :-)

Greetings

Edit: Ok I just found other threads and red that the solutions are probably not available...which is bad because my Prof. really sticks to this book. :P I should probably search for a book with similar exercises (e.g. using braket) AND solutions.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Stevie_M said:
Hey guys,
I studied with this book now for some weeks. The last few days I solved a lot of exercises to prepare for the exam, but unfortunately I can not check if my answers are correct. There are no solutions in this book. Does anyone know if the solutions are availabe somewhere? This would be very very helpful. Thanks in advance. :-)

Greetings

Edit: Ok I just found other threads and red that the solutions are probably not available...which is bad because my Prof. really sticks to this book. :P I should probably search for a book with similar exercises (e.g. using braket) AND solutions.

Welcome to the PF.

Yes, Instructor Solution Manuals are only sold to instructors (hence the name). The best approach is as you say, to find a similar book that has half of the problem solutions in the back of the book. :smile:

Stevie_M said:

The book Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications by Zettili has many many solved problems,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0470026790/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the advice ;)

Hello,

I understand your frustration with not having solutions available for the exercises in QM by Claude Cohen-Tannoudji. Unfortunately, it is common for textbooks to not have solutions available, as it is up to the instructor to provide them or create their own.

However, there are other resources available that may have solutions for the exercises in this book. You can try searching online for solutions manuals or solutions guides specifically for this book. You can also try reaching out to other students or professors who have used this book and see if they have any resources or tips for checking your answers.

In the future, it may be helpful to look for textbooks that have solutions available or to ask your instructor for additional resources to help you check your understanding. Best of luck on your exam!

1. What is the QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji solution?

The QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji solution is a mathematical approach used in quantum mechanics to solve problems related to the behavior of particles at the atomic and subatomic level.

2. Who is Claude Cohen-Tannoudji?

Claude Cohen-Tannoudji is a French physicist who won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1997 for his contributions to the field of quantum mechanics, particularly for his work on the manipulation of atoms with laser light.

3. What are some applications of the QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji solution?

The QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji solution has been applied to various fields such as atomic and molecular physics, quantum optics, and quantum information processing. It has also been used in the development of technologies such as atomic clocks and quantum computers.

4. How does the QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji solution differ from other quantum mechanical solutions?

The QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji solution is unique in that it takes into account the interaction between atoms and light, which is crucial in understanding the behavior of atoms at the subatomic level. Other solutions may focus on different aspects of quantum mechanics and may not consider this interaction.

5. What are some challenges associated with using the QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji solution?

One of the main challenges with using the QM Claude Cohen-Tannoudji solution is that it can be quite complex and requires a strong mathematical background to fully understand and apply. Additionally, it may not be suitable for all quantum mechanical problems and may not provide a complete solution in some cases.