I think it would be VERY handy if user posts could be sorted by

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers discuss the need for a feature to sort user posts by section and a filter to search within specific forums. They also mention the existence of an advanced search feature and suggest the creation of a user's guide for forum features. The conversation ends with a humorous exchange about overlooking simple things and not knowing about certain software features.
Cyrus
I think it would be VERY handy if user posts could be sorted by section. That way when I look for an old post of mine, I don't have to sort through 1000 posts in GD. It would be nice to have some sort of filter in place.

Physics news on Phys.org
Advanced Search does have a search by section. Look for Search in Forum(s) on the right, and use Ctrl click to highlight the sections that you want searched.

If you go to advanced search then you can search by specific forum.

...Im a dumbass..AND I spelled recommendation wrong too...

No, you just never found the feature.

It would be nice if we had a "user's guide" of sorts telling people how to use forum features.

Evo said:
No, you just never found the feature.

It would be nice if we had a "user's guide" of sorts telling people how to use forum features.

Even with a user's guide, figuring out the nice features in software can be tough.

I remember that my wife's brother was shocked that I didn't know about a certain Word feature that I needed.

Cyrus said:
...Im a dumbass..AND I spelled recommendation wrong too...

Who am I to argue with the great and glorious Cyrus! :smile:

Don't you love it when you miss something simple.

FAQ: I think it would be VERY handy if user posts could be sorted by

1. Can user posts be sorted by date?

Yes, user posts can be sorted by date. This can be done by using the "sort by date" function or by manually arranging the posts in chronological order.

2. Is it possible to sort user posts by popularity?

Yes, user posts can be sorted by popularity. This can be determined by the number of likes, shares, or comments on the post.

3. Can user posts be sorted by category or topic?

Yes, user posts can be sorted by category or topic. This can be done by assigning tags or labels to each post and then using the "filter by category" or "search by topic" function.

4. How can user posts be sorted by user location?

User posts can be sorted by user location by using geotagging or by allowing users to input their location in their profile information. This can then be used to filter posts by location.

5. Can user posts be sorted by sentiment or emotion?

Yes, user posts can be sorted by sentiment or emotion. This can be determined by using sentiment analysis tools to analyze the language used in the post and categorize it as positive, negative, or neutral.