Music You're Ashamed To Admit You Like

• Music
  • Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: Dolly Parton joke?I also forgot to mention I think Dolly Parton has an exceptionally beautiful voice. I don't own any of her records but if she ever put out a double album entitled The Well-Tempered Brassiere I would by it.Dolly Parton has a really big...boob? :smile:No, that's nihilist.
While I don't find any of it terribly embarassing here are a few that could be considered so...

Fiona Apple (her voice and that bluesy style is dead sexy)

Sheryl Crow (I have a thing for female singers)

Lou Bega

Digital Underground

Presidents of the United States of America

Polka Music

Metallica

Ummmmm... That's all I can think of at the moment.

Science news on Phys.org
I like but am ashamed to admit:

George Michael

Depeche Mode

Arabic pop music (cause I don't speak Arabic)

Some Gregorian chant type stuff

I might actually like Yanni if I listened to his work. That in itself is kind of scary because my middle school English teacher loved Yanni and we all thought she was a dork because of it.

What's embarassing about Depeche Mode?

In some circles they are stereotyped as a goth band or a band that only gay people listen to.

I don't understand what's embarassing about Depeche Mode either but they're the subject of a lot of jokes.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Polka Music
This is pretty bad.

Metallica
Hey...Beavis...he said "metallica". heh heh heh.

CosminaPrisma said:
I like but am ashamed to admit: George Michael
This is iffy, yes.

Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
Did you know Yanni eats with his fork in his left hand?
AAARGGGHHH

zoobyshoe said:
How many albums you have?
I have several CD's, both the Child of Evo & Spawn like him. Spawn has his music downloaded on her computer

Who is spawn and why is her name that of a comic book character?

Last edited:
Evo said:
I have several CD's, both the Child of Evo & Spawn like him. Spawn has his music downloaded on her computer
OK, passing it on to the next generation is pretty darn bad. Has an X-Files plot feel about it. I'll accept that.

Zoob said:
TheStatutoryApe said:
Polka Music

This is pretty bad.
I don't actually own any unfortunately but a friend of mine has a CD or two and plays it in his car on occasion. Some of it is really hilarious. It's like listening to the B-52s. They're absolute crap in most respects but still fun to listen to.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I don't actually own any unfortunately but a friend of mine has a CD or two and plays it in his car on occasion. Some of it is really hilarious. It's like listening to the B-52s. They're absolute crap in most respects but still fun to listen to.
They have tons of polka albums at the swap meet. I once found one that had a number called Polka and Fugue in D on it. Sometimes I kick myself for not having bought it.

Math Is Hard said:
I listen to Eminem and the Spice Girls when I work out. I mean, not together, though - sometimes Eminem, and then other times Spice Girls.

You should be ashamed to admit that.

I'd tell you all, but I'm too ashamed to admit it. :redface:

:biggrin:

Moonbear said:

:biggrin:
I was almost positive you had some really red-faced smiley skeletons in your closet.

C'mon. Fess up. Bobby Vinton?

Cummon Moonbear: The Patridge Family, maybe? :biggrin: Muskrat Love by The Captain and Tenille?

I think that both Moonie and MIH are probably hiding having been New Kids On The Block fans.

Moonbear said:
I understand. I, for one, will never ever admit that I still like Abba.

Okay, okay, I might have been exaggerating a bit. The truth is, I have no shame. I readily admit to all the music I listen to, from Disco, to pop, to country, to heavy metal. I have a CD of Irish Drinking songs that are awful, but I keep it anyway. I've got one of harpsichord music too. I even own more than one Michael Bolton CD. :eek: And I still like the Macarena! :biggrin: :rofl: I'm the first to jump up on the dance floor when it's time for the Chicken Dance and the Hokey Pokey too, so after that, what's left to be ashamed of? :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Okay, okay, I might have been exaggerating a bit. The truth is, I have no shame. I readily admit to all the music I listen to, from Disco, to pop, to country, to heavy metal. I have a CD of Irish Drinking songs that are awful, but I keep it anyway. I've got one of harpsichord music too. I even own more than one Michael Bolton CD. :eek: And I still like the Macarena! :biggrin: :rofl: I'm the first to jump up on the dance floor when it's time for the Chicken Dance and the Hokey Pokey too, so after that, what's left to be ashamed of? :rofl:
AHA! But I see you're still hangin tough about being a NKB fan!:tongue:

Moonbear, they make CDs of Irish Drinking songs? Get outta here.

Moonbear said:
I even own more than one Michael Bolton CD. :eek:
More than one? You shouldn't have admitted to that.

GeorginaS said:
Moonbear, they make CDs of Irish Drinking songs? Get outta here.
Yeah, so if you're ever short on drunken Irishmen, I can loan you the CD. :rofl:

recently I've found the song "hey good lookin" by hank williams? i think, stuck in my head.

i love the spice girls, but I'm not ashamed to admit that. i like a little britney and christina to go with my spice girls sometimes. also, i like aqua, especially barbie girl. but I'm a teenage girl, so i can get away with those...

actually, now that i look over everyone elses embarassing music, I've realized i like most of it... i don't know who yanni is though. but i love fiona apple and the presidents of the united states. i mean, seriously, peaches come in a can, they were put there by a man... its brilliant. i have chumbawumba on my list and crazy town, those are a little embarassing. hahaha, and cyprus hill, rock super star. i LOVE that song. i rap the whole thing. i never tell people i listen to that song, but if it comes on the radio, watch out.

ah, i found it, the most embarrassing thing on my list is probably the rocky horror soundtrack. and a few disney songs. yeah... I'm a dork.

Gale said:
ah, i found it, the most embarrassing thing on my list is probably the rocky horror soundtrack. and a few disney songs. yeah... I'm a dork.

There is absolutely nothing wrong or shameful about owning The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack. In fact, it's a status symbol of sorts. :approve:

I hate to admit it, but I love ABBA.

Psh, like I'd ever admit it...offline, online, no difference...lips are zipped, fingers are stilled.:tongue: :rofl:

Gale said:
recently I've found the song "hey good lookin" by hank williams? i think, stuck in my head.
What's wrong with that? That's a good song. I like a lot of the older country singers like Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson.

I'm not ashamed of it, but people look at me weird when I've got my CD carousel on "shuffle" and Riders in the Sky come on, belting out a cowboy song. If you have never liked cowboy music, you need to hear these guys.

Kinda OT, but the prices on the Sony 400-CD changer have come down to around $200 so I bought one, and most of my CD collection is in it. Put it on "shuffle" and you'll never know what is coming on next. It could be Lyle Lovett, AC-DC, Hendrix, Muddy Waters, Elmore James, Ricky Skaggs, T-Bone Walker, Vince Gill, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne, Outlaws, Allman Brothers, ZZTop, Joe Satriani, Keb Mo... It's cool to hear randomly-selected songs from many years of collecting music.

You will never hear opera, rap, or modern pop music in my house - I WOULD be ashamed of that!

Last edited:
konartist said:
I hate to admit it, but I love ABBA.
Not that I care, but do you like the early "Fernando" and "Waterloo," ABBA, or the post-dancing queen "Voulez-Vous" and "Mama Mia" ABBA?

Not that I know anything about that.

Not "ashamed", but I like Rush and pretty much everyone I talk to says they suck...

yomamma said:
Not "ashamed", but I like Rush and pretty much everyone I talk to says they suck...
They're right. :rofl:

You've GOT to be kidding! Rush is freaking amazing! and i'd tell the world that!

Um, I kinda like Dancing Queen, and that terrible black eyed peas song, My Humps.

... I mean... No I don't... never even heard of them. who's Eh Bee Bee Eh ?

I think some of the people at my school should be ashamed for wearing Greed Day shirts. I'm one of the few that despises them...

Pardon me? The Legend of Tom Sawyer is an immediate channel-switch on the opening bar. I'd rather admit to listening to Ashley Simpson!

Toni Tennile was a fox, and although their show was a bit lame, some of their music was OK. I have a "best of" C&T album, and always jumped over "Muskrat Love", kinda like the Starland Music Band's "Popsicle Toes".

http://www.alteringtime.com/features/misc/?p=baggins

Last edited by a moderator: