Make Your Own Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea
In summary, the speaker was disappointed to find out that the corn bread squares at the Dining Commons were not rice crispies treats. However, they came up with a genius idea to make their own treats using rice crispies cereal, marshmallows, and butter from the hot chocolate station. They successfully made the treats and even added M&Ms as toppings. The conversation then turned to a discussion about a poster of Pi that one of the speakers had in their room.
Gale
so i was in the Dining Commons today, and they had some corn bread squares at the dessert station. at first glance, they looked a bit like rice crispies treats, and i got all excited. upon further inspection, i realized what they really were and became thoroughly dissapointed. then i looked around the DC in saddness when brilliance struck. They have rice crispies cereal, and at the hot chocolate station, there are marshmallows, and why, they even have butter out for toast, I CAN MAKE MY OWN RICE CRISPIES TREATS!

yes yes, i know its genius. completely free snackage, mmm. all i need is a pot and a pan though. not how to go about aquiring those... the genius has to stop somewhere i guess...

Physics news on Phys.org
Does it have a microwave? It won't be easy, but I bet something could be managed!

we have a microwave and an oven and range in the kitchen in our dorm. no problem there! hehe, i can't imagine making rice crispies treats in the DC microwave... that'd be a bit suspicious. technically I'm not allowed to do this.. but whatever. pssh.

Well, if you're not allowed, then I won't condone it. :-p It would probably take a bit of experimenting to figure out how to melt the marshmallows anyways.

A pot and pan couldn't be all that difficult to find, could it? Surely you can bum one off of your friends, especially if you bribe them with promises of getting a treat when you're done!

although no one but apparently hurkyl cares, it was a success. i just finished them, and they look goooooood. i even got some m&ms from the ice cream station to top them, check it out.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1778/image0549nl.jpg

college style rice crispies treats. i used some persons bowl and all the ingredients from the DC. completetly and utterly free. mmmmm. the tasts of victory.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had a mouth it would be trying to eat those through the screen. Looks yummy! :-p

Very Cool Gale! :cool:

i knows. they're yummy guys, in case you wanted to know.

Doesn't look very good

to steal what gale says: those look 'super yummy'! :smile:

...wait a minute, what the is that poster in the background you dork? Pi=3.14159? Everyone cool knows the good poster is e = 2.178281828...

Last edited:
penguins suck!

and yeah, its 200k digits of pi. I'm that cool.

Gale said:
and yeah, its 200k digits of pi. I'm that cool.
Where can I get a poster like that?

What a waste of paper. You could fit a full size nude woman on that poster...

Yeah Gale, you could fit a full size nude woman on that poster :smile:

Now, that's using the old bean! Good job, Gale! Bon appetit!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Unlike you I am drawn to matters far more important then mere physical pleasure. You know why. o:) :wink:

cyrusabdollahi said:
wouldn't she rip it? why not leave the poster on the wall and put the full sized nude woman on the rice crispie treats?

FAQ: Make Your Own Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons

What ingredients are needed to make Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons?

The ingredients needed to make Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons are Rice Krispies cereal, marshmallows, butter, and cooking spray. Optional ingredients include chocolate chips, sprinkles, or other toppings.

Can I make Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons if I have dietary restrictions?

Yes, you can make Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons if you have dietary restrictions. The Dining Commons typically offers gluten-free and vegan options for the ingredients used in the recipe.

What equipment is required to make Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons?

The only equipment needed to make Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons is a microwave-safe bowl, a microwave, and a spatula. You may also need measuring cups and spoons if you want to be precise with your measurements.

How long does it take to make Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons?

The preparation time for making Rice Crispies Treats at the Dining Commons is approximately 10 minutes. The treats will need to cool for about 30 minutes before they are ready to be cut and served.

Can I store the Rice Crispies Treats made at the Dining Commons for later consumption?

Yes, you can store the Rice Crispies Treats made at the Dining Commons for later consumption. Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage, but they may become slightly less crispy when thawed.

Back