Check a , h , k are correct or ?

• Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with an equation and provides a solution to the error in the equation. The conversation also mentions the challenges of attaching handwritten materials and suggests typing out the problem instead.
r-soy
check a , h , k are correct or ?

If no correct can put the solve in paper to understand more

Attachments

• 333.JPG
    333.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 316
Physics news on Phys.org
You'll get a quicker reply if you post your problem directly in the message box. Attachments can sometimes take many hours to be approved, and they can't be opened until they're approved.

So it's now 12 hours later, and your attachment is still pending. That's a lot of time wasted if you were looking for an answer.

First your original equation is written wrong. What you have written is "4x^2+ 12- 9" when I am sure you meant 4x^2+ 12 x+ 9.
After that, everything looks okay until part (3).

You have
9= ah^2+ k
9= 4(-3/2)^2+ k
k= 9- 24
k= -16
Where did you get that "-24"? 4(-3/2)^2= 4(9/4)= 9 so your equation should be 9= 9+ k and that leads to k= 9- 9= 0

I had a bit of difficulty deciphering you handwriting (for a while, I thought your "k" was "15" or "19"!). That often happens when handwritten materials are scanned into the computer. Also, as Mark44 said, it can take a long time for attachments to be approved. If you expect people to take the trouble to help you, at least take the trouble to type something that simple in yourself. It would be best to learn LaTex but I refrained from using using LaTex to show how easy it is to type in something like a polynomial.

1. How do I check if a value for a, h, and k is correct?

The best way to check if a value for a, h, and k is correct is to use the formula k = a(h/2). Plug in the values for a, h, and k and solve for k. If the resulting value for k matches the given value, then the values for a, h, and k are correct.

2. Can I use any units for a, h, and k when checking for correctness?

Yes, you can use any units for a, h, and k as long as they are consistent. For example, if a is given in meters, h should also be in meters and k will be in square meters.

3. What does a, h, and k represent in the formula k = a(h/2)?

In the formula k = a(h/2), a represents the length of the base of a triangle, h represents the height of the triangle, and k represents the area of the triangle. This formula is used to calculate the area of a triangle given its base and height.

4. How do I know if the values for a, h, and k are incorrect?

If the resulting value for k does not match the given value, then the values for a, h, and k are incorrect. This could be due to incorrect input values or a mistake in calculations.

5. Can I use a calculator to check the correctness of a, h, and k?

Yes, you can use a calculator to check the correctness of a, h, and k. Make sure to enter the values correctly and use the correct order of operations when solving the formula k = a(h/2).