What is the Equation to Symbolize Two Points in One Dimension?

• Thread starter Quarlep
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interesting
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of symbols for points in one dimension and finding an equation to represent two points in this dimension. The example given is the equation (x-5)(x-10) = 0, which represents the points 5 and 10. The purpose is to find an equation that gives two answers, or points, in one dimension.
Quarlep
Lets suppose we have one dimension and in this one dimension we have two points.How can we symbolize both of them or I f we want to symbolize between these numbers what should I use.

Example we have 10 and 5 and I want to symbolize in this numbers and make a equation.Well it means the answer is 5 and 10 both of them.There is such a equation to make it true I thought matrix but I don't know.
Simply I want to find a equation which gave me two answer or and it be a point (beacuse one dimesion) and of course this solition must be work in one dimension

Mathematics news on Phys.org
What about [itex] (x-5)(x-10) = 0 [/itex] ?

FAQ: What is the Equation to Symbolize Two Points in One Dimension?

1. What is an interesting question?

An interesting question is a thought-provoking inquiry that challenges the way we think and encourages us to explore new ideas and perspectives.

2. How do you come up with an interesting question?

Creating an interesting question involves thinking critically, being curious, and exploring different angles of a topic. It can also be helpful to discuss ideas with others and gather input from different perspectives.

3. Why are interesting questions important?

Interesting questions stimulate our minds and encourage us to think deeper. They can also spark meaningful conversations and lead to new discoveries and innovations in science and other fields.

4. Can an interesting question be answered?

An interesting question may not have a definitive answer, but it can lead to further exploration and discussion. It can also challenge our current understanding and open up new possibilities.

5. How can we use interesting questions in scientific research?

Interesting questions are often the starting point for scientific research. They can guide the direction of a study and help scientists generate hypotheses and design experiments to find answers.

Back