Which Calculus/Real Analysis Book is Best for Problem Solving?

In summary, the individual is looking for a book on Calculus/Real analysis that focuses more on problems rather than theory. They mention three potential options - Calc. by Piskunov, Mathematical analysis by Berman, and '' by Maron - and ask for recommendations from anyone who has used these books. They also mention that they are open to suggestions for other good books. Additionally, they mention that they are relatively new to calculus and have only been studying it for around 6 months.
f(x)
Ok, i need a book for Calculus/Real analysis .I am more interested in problems( theory not SO important) . I know of these books -:

Calc. by Piskunov
Mathematical analysis by Berman
'' by Maron

Any1 having used any of the books above, could suggest which one would be best suited for my needs.
If there is any other good book you know of, please suggest
Thx

Physics news on Phys.org
If this is your first exposure to calculus, Piskunov has a LOT of exercises. I wouldn't call them challenging by any means, but for a beginner it would be useful. I haven't heard of the other books until now.

neutrino said:
If this is your first exposure to calculus, Piskunov has a LOT of exercises. I wouldn't call them challenging by any means, but for a beginner it would be useful. I haven't heard of the other books until now.

Yeah I am relatively new to Calculus; hasnt been 6 months with Integration.

1. What is the best calculus/real analysis book for problem solving?

There is no one definitive answer to this question as it ultimately depends on individual learning styles and preferences. However, some popular options for calculus include "Calculus" by Michael Spivak and "Calculus" by James Stewart, while "Principles of Mathematical Analysis" by Walter Rudin is a commonly recommended book for real analysis.

2. How do I choose the right calculus/real analysis book?

Consider factors such as the level of difficulty, the clarity of explanations and examples, and the availability of practice problems and solutions. It may also be helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from peers or professors.

3. Can I use multiple calculus/real analysis books for problem solving?

Yes, using multiple books can provide a more comprehensive understanding and different perspectives on the material. However, it is important to make sure the books cover the same topics and use consistent notation to avoid confusion.

4. Is it necessary to have a calculus/real analysis book for problem solving?

While some may find success learning solely from lectures or online resources, a well-written textbook can greatly enhance understanding and provide additional practice problems for problem solving. It can also serve as a reference for future use.

5. Are there any online resources for calculus/real analysis problem solving?

Yes, there are many online resources such as Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Paul's Online Math Notes that offer free lectures, practice problems, and solutions for calculus and real analysis. However, it is important to supplement these resources with a textbook for a more comprehensive understanding.