This invention should work ELSE the conservation laws are wrong.

In summary, the conversation discussed an invention that was believed to disprove the law of conservation of energy and momentum. However, it was later clarified that the invention actually followed all the rules and regulations of physics. The conversation also mentioned that the law of conservation of momentum requires a change in momentum of something else in order for a propulsion method to work. This was demonstrated through elastic collisions between a light ball and a heavy boat. The conversation then went on to explain how the invention works by using a solenoid to transfer all the energy of the ball to the boat, resulting in a net propulsion in one direction. This method was found to be in accordance with the law of conservation of momentum.
dE_logics
Last time people concluded that 'I proved the law of conservation of energy and momentum wrong by my invention'...but the reality is strictly opposite.

If this invention DOES NOT work THEN then 2 laws are wrong. This invention follows all rules and regulation governed by the physics book. Notice that "a body cannot be propelled without interaction of external mass" is NOT any law.
As wiki states -

"The law of conservation of momentum means that in order for a propulsion method to change the momentum of a spacecraft it must change the momentum of something else as well."

That something else IS there...there's an independently moving mass inside which propels the thing.

This is how it works -

All this is considering elastic collisions.

Suppose a light ball collides with a heavy body...suppose a boat.

Depending on the difference between masses of the ball and boat, the ball will recoil.

If the boat is heavy, the the ball will recoil more...the reason for this is the law of conservation of K.E working in conjunction to law of conservation of momentum. The 2 are not the same thing...that's the problem.

When the ball collides with the boat, it delivers the same amount of impulse that was delivered to it, but not the energy, since K.E has an exponential relationship to velocity and leaner to mass while momentum is leaner to both, even though the rated impulse will be delivered to the boat through the ball, all the energy possessed by the ball will not be derived to the boat cause the boat has gained momentum by virtue of mass...i.e less velocity. Ultimately very less K.E.

The remaining energy will be transferred to the ball and seen as the recoil.

Now what I've done is for example...I'm on the boat and I've thrown the ball in the 'negative' direction...this will initially propel the boat in the positive direction.

If this ball collides with the boat, the boat will attain a velocity in the negative direction and it (the ball) will recoil.

If it again hits the boat after recoil the boat will now start moving in the positive direction...this will continue forever and there will be no net propulsion and the boat will simply resonate between 2 points. Since I've considered elastic collisions here the ball won't simply stop cause of 'thermal motion'.

Suppose the ball after recoil is moving to the positive direction (and the boat, consequently to the negative), assuming the ball has iron inside it, if I pull the ball (trying to stop it relative to the boat) through a solenoid and stop the solenoid after the ball has stopped, this will be different from a collision.

This time, all K.E possessed by the ball will be will be used to propel the boat in the positive direction...so instead of all the momentum being transferred from the ball to the boat, all the energy gets transferred. For the same reason this impulse given to the boat through this magnet will be more than the collision of the ball to the boat or the impulse given by me to the boat when I threw the ball resulting a net propulsion in one direction.

If things simply stop, the law of conservation of energy will be violated...so it has to get propelled.

Now as wiki states "The law of conservation of momentum means that in order for a propulsion method to change the momentum of a spacecraft it must change the momentum of something else as well."

The momentum of this ball is changing.

Physics news on Phys.org
By the way, I've used electromagnetism also...and that is well know not to apply to this law.

But the momentum of the boat is not changing as it resonates between two points. Therefore, based on the information provided, it is likely that this invention does not work and the conservation laws are not wrong. The scenario described does not violate the laws of conservation of energy and momentum, as the momentum of the boat is not changing and the energy is being transferred from the ball to the boat in a way that follows the laws of physics. The fact that the boat is resonating between two points suggests that there is a flaw in the design or execution of the invention, rather than a violation of the laws of physics. It is important to carefully analyze and test inventions to ensure that they are in line with established scientific principles and laws.

1. What are conservation laws and why are they important?

Conservation laws are fundamental principles in physics that state that certain physical quantities, such as energy or momentum, remain constant in a closed system. They are important because they provide the basis for understanding and predicting the behavior of physical systems, and any violation of these laws would call into question our understanding of how the universe works.

2. How do conservation laws relate to inventions?

Inventions that claim to defy or bypass conservation laws are often met with skepticism from the scientific community. This is because these laws have been extensively tested and proven to be accurate in describing the behavior of the physical world. Any invention that claims to work outside of these laws would require a thorough examination and validation by the scientific community.

3. Can an invention really defy conservation laws?

While it is possible for an invention to appear to defy conservation laws, it is important to carefully examine and understand the underlying mechanisms at work. Often, what may seem like a violation of a conservation law is actually a result of a misunderstanding or incomplete understanding of the system in question. It is important to approach these claims with a critical and scientific mindset.

4. What happens if an invention is found to violate conservation laws?

If an invention is found to violate conservation laws, it would call into question the validity of the invention itself. It would also require a reexamination of our current understanding of the physical world and potentially lead to new discoveries and developments in the field of physics.

5. Are there any examples of inventions that have been proven to violate conservation laws?

There have been some claims of inventions that appear to defy conservation laws, such as perpetual motion machines. However, upon closer examination and testing, these claims have been debunked and shown to be based on faulty understanding or fraudulent claims. So far, there is no concrete evidence of an invention that can truly violate conservation laws.