First unread post doesn't work

• Bug
  • Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
In summary, the "First unread post doesn't work" issue is most commonly caused by problems with a website's code or server, and can also be affected by browser extensions or cache issues. To fix the issue, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using a different browser. This issue is usually specific to a particular website and cannot be caused by a user. While it can often be resolved temporarily, it is best to contact the website's technical support team for a permanent solution.
NeoDevin
Sometimes when clicking on button to take me to the first unread post, it instead takes me somewhere farther in the thread. Posts before that are still highlighted with the reddish icon to say that they haven't been read, so it's only a real nuisance if it jumps me to a later page, because then when I switch back a page, they are all marked read.

I'm using Firefox on Ubuntu if that helps.

Physics news on Phys.org
I see that sometimes too, but have just put up with it. Not sure what the algorith is...

I'm on Vista with IE7.

What causes the "First unread post doesn't work" issue?

The most common cause of this issue is a problem with the website's code or server. It could also be caused by a browser extension or cache issue.

How can I fix the "First unread post doesn't work" issue?

First, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't work, try accessing the website using a different browser. If the issue persists, contact the website's technical support team for further assistance.

Why does the "First unread post doesn't work" issue only occur on certain websites?

This issue is typically specific to a particular website because it is related to the website's code or server. Each website has its own unique code, so a problem with one website may not affect others.

Can a user cause the "First unread post doesn't work" issue?

In most cases, no. This issue is usually caused by a technical problem with the website itself. However, a user's browser settings or extensions may contribute to the issue.

Is there a permanent solution to the "First unread post doesn't work" issue?

While the issue can often be resolved by clearing your cache or using a different browser, it may still occur in the future. If you continue to experience this issue, it is best to report it to the website's technical support team for a permanent solution.