Understanding Limestone and Rock Salt Formation: Geology 9 Questions Answered

• Thread starter Paresthesia
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Geology
In summary, limestone is formed from calcium carbonate in solution, while rock salt is formed from salt in solution. It is important to provide context and make an attempt before asking for answers.
Paresthesia
9. Some rocks have ____ formed around oce-trapped air and other gases
D1. Limestone forms from ____, which was calcium carbonate in solution.
D2. Rock salt forms from ____, which was salt in solution.

Fill in the blanks, please and thank you! o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
This is due 1/8. Please at least try...?

Are you studying this at college? Nobody is going to just give you the answers out of thin air... I'd like to help but you need to give us more to work with.

I personally think I'd need a bit more context before I could answer those, besides it's the site policy for you to show an attempt.
What do you think the answers might be?

1. What is geology?

Geology is the scientific study of the Earth, its materials, processes, and history.

2. Why is geology important?

Geology is important because it helps us understand and predict natural phenomena such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and landslides. It also provides valuable information about Earth's resources and how they can be sustainably managed.

3. What are the different branches of geology?

The different branches of geology include physical geology, which studies Earth's materials and processes, and historical geology, which focuses on Earth's history and evolution. Other branches include environmental geology, economic geology, and planetary geology.

4. How does geology contribute to our everyday lives?

Geology contributes to our everyday lives in many ways. It helps us find and extract important resources like oil, natural gas, and minerals. It also plays a crucial role in understanding and mitigating natural hazards. Additionally, geology has contributed to the development of technologies like GPS and weather forecasting.

5. What skills do geologists need?

Geologists need a combination of technical, analytical, and critical thinking skills. They must have a strong understanding of chemistry, physics, and math to analyze rocks and minerals. They also need excellent observation skills and the ability to interpret data and make connections between different geological processes.