IB Score of 38 Achieved w/ Physics Forums Help!

• Thread starter Aftermarth
  • Start date
In summary, a high school student expresses gratitude for the help received from Physics forums and announces passing their IB exams with a score of 38, equivalent to a New South Wales University Admission Index of 96.65. They also mention passing in Physics/Chemistry and with full marks in Maths, making them a registered undergrad this year. Other forum members congratulate them and offer advice for their university experience. One member jokes about the student's enthusiasm for Aeronautical Engineering and another member mentions their interest in transferring to Aerospace Engineering.
Aftermarth
Thanks to all the people on Physics forums who have helped me over the course of my last two years as a high school student.
I passed my IB with a score of 38
equivalent to a New South Wales (Australia) University Admission Index (score) of 96.65

I also passed in Physics/ Chemistry and with full marks in maths
so now am i registered Undergrad this year

thanks for ur help guys :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Well done Aftermath! I hope you enjoy your university experience. :smile:

Congrats, but only 19 posts? I wish I was in your position I've still got a years hard work left =(, not that uni isn't hard work, but it would be nice to know I got the grades I want.

mayday u will do fine really :) just put ur head down and go for it
the secret is to make everything fun and interesting
if u like it, u will do better

Congrats, Aftermath.
I know that I've never helped you myself, since I'm more of a 'hands-on makeshift engineering' sort of guy, but we at PF are always very proud when someone from the site is successful. Keep in mind, though, that while PF is a very valuable resource, you are the one who made it happen.
Best hopes for the future of your chosen path.

haha now u get to hear my endless drivel on Aeronautical Engineering! watch out all you people in Aero!

Aftermarth said:
haha now u get to hear my endless drivel on Aeronautical Engineering! watch out all you people in Aero!
Endless drivel on Aeronautical Engineering? From an undergrad? That sounds about right.:rofl:

Congrats and welcome aboard. :tongue2:

haha yeh. well it looks like fun i can't wait to get to the Aerodynamics and Aircraft Design. My ultimate course would be to transfer over in Aerospace engineering. Has anyone done that course?

What is an IB Score of 38 and how is it achieved?

An IB (International Baccalaureate) Score of 38 is a high score on the IB Diploma Programme, which assesses students on six subject areas and additional requirements. This score is achieved by earning a minimum of 24 points in the six subject areas, along with completing the additional requirements, including the Extended Essay, Theory of Knowledge, and Creativity, Activity, and Service.

How does Physics Forums help students achieve an IB Score of 38?

Physics Forums is an online community where students can ask questions and receive help from experts in various subjects, including physics. By utilizing the resources and knowledge available on Physics Forums, students can better understand and excel in their physics coursework, which can contribute to their overall IB score.

What role does physics play in the IB Diploma Programme?

Physics is one of the six subject areas assessed in the IB Diploma Programme. It is a core subject that all students must take, along with Mathematics and a language. Physics is an important subject as it helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as an understanding of the natural world.

Why is an IB Score of 38 considered a high score?

An IB Score of 38 is considered a high score because it is above the minimum requirement of 24 points and is close to the maximum score of 45. Achieving a score of 38 requires a significant amount of hard work, dedication, and knowledge in multiple subject areas.

What are the benefits of achieving an IB Score of 38?

Achieving an IB Score of 38 can open up many opportunities for students. It can make them more competitive in college admissions, as well as provide them with a strong foundation of knowledge and skills for future academic and career pursuits. Additionally, students who achieve a high IB score may also receive college credit or advanced standing at some universities.