Brain Teaser: Solve the Mystery of the Ashland High Cheerleaders' Pets

• Thread starter rlb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, the cheerleaders at Ashland High have brought a variety of pets to the game, but only one has a pet that isn't present. The cheerleaders' ages are 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18. Tara owns the iguana, Tom owns the tarantula, Tad owns the pig, and Tish hates dogs and Tom hates pigs.
rlb
Here is my brain teaser I am stuck on...Only one of the cheerleaders at Ashland High has brought a pet to the game. The pets that aren't here are a tarantula, a llama, an iguana, and a pig. THe cheerleaders' names are Tori, Tom, Tad, Tish and Tara. THeir ages are 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Which cheerleader owns the poodle, and how old is she or he.
Tad is 4 years older than Tara.
Tish hates dogs and TOm hates pigs.
Tom's mom won't allow a large pet.
Tara owns the iguana.
Tad is afraid of arachnids
Tori is oder than Tom
Tara does not own the pig.
Tori is allergic to dogs.
Tish is 2 years younger than Tori
Tad is 1 year older than the tarantula owner
The pig owner is 3 years older than the llama owner

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
That's a puzzle of this type. I suppose that drawing a diagram like on this page (sorry, it's not in English, but I hope you get the idea of the diagram) is the easiest way to solve. It enables you to just tick off the impossibilities, and in the end the correct combinations will remain (I wonder why there is no such diagram on the English page by the way).

I tried to make a diagram, but still can't come up with the answer. I get that Tara has the iguana, and Tom probably has the tarantula, but I keep getting it all confused.

i get the poodle owner is tom,of 16years.

i found it easy to get their ages, from first line and 3rd from bottom - "tish 2yr younger than tori"

Thanks so much for the help. I don't know why I get these things all twisted around.

i also got taht Tom owned the Poodle and he was 16. i found this puzzle quite simple. thanks 4 da chance 2 help. Xox Babi Boo o:)

Last edited:

1. What are some tips for solving brain teasers?

Some tips for solving brain teasers include breaking the problem down into smaller parts, thinking outside the box, and practicing regularly to improve critical thinking skills.

2. How can brain teasers improve cognitive function?

Solving brain teasers can improve cognitive function by challenging the brain and encouraging the development of problem-solving skills. It can also improve memory, concentration, and overall mental agility.

3. Are there any resources for finding brain teasers?

Yes, there are many resources for finding brain teasers, including books, online websites, and puzzle magazines. You can also create your own brain teasers by using logic, math, or wordplay.

4. What is the best approach for solving brain teasers?

The best approach for solving brain teasers is to read the question carefully and try to understand the underlying logic or pattern. It is also helpful to eliminate any obvious wrong answers and work through the problem step by step.

5. Can solving brain teasers help with problem-solving in other areas of life?

Yes, solving brain teasers can help with problem-solving in other areas of life as it improves critical thinking skills, creativity, and the ability to approach problems from different angles. It can also help with decision making and adaptability.

Back