Is my grumpiness uncalled for?

• Thread starter esisk
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration of receiving unhelpful replies on a forum post, as well as the use of inversion in a circle in mathematics. The original poster is asking for examples of how inversion can be applied, while the reply provides examples such as Poincare's disk model and the construction of a Peaucellier linkage. The original poster expresses gratitude for the answer, but also mentions wanting more information on the use of inversion in a Wankel Rotary Engine.
esisk
I apologize that I am posting this in this section, but...
I wish that people did not reply to a thread and then merely state what they_do not know_ about the subject and what their experinece has been in life regarding the subject matter...
Unfortunately,as a consequence, seeing that a question has "been replied to" many qualified people tend to not to look at the question thinking that the person got the help. I am sorry for over reacting... I am clearly asking the question because I do not understand the basics, not because I want to discuss the various subtle aspects.
You be the judge. Here is my question and here also is the "reply":

ME: Can somebody give me an example whereby I use the inversion with respect to a circle (unit circle or otherwise) and the problem becomes easier. I guess I am asking: how do I make use of this notion. Or a problem that involves inversion, period.
Thank you

Reply: The only time I have used inversion in a circle was in Poincare's disk model for hyperbolic geometry. There "congruence" is defined in terms of reflections in a "line", "lines" are the portions of circles orthogonal to the disk inside the disk, and "reflection" in such a line is inversion in the circle.

In this article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversive_geometry, Wikipedia refers to using inversion in a circle to construct a "Peaucellier linkage", apparently important in "converting between linear and circular motion". I have heard that one can use inversion in a circle to model Wankel Rotary Engine but have no certain information on that

Physics news on Phys.org
They gave you numerous answers to exactly the question you were asking, including citing a reference. What else do you want?

Related to Is my grumpiness uncalled for?

1. What causes grumpiness?

Grumpiness can be caused by a variety of factors such as stress, lack of sleep, health issues, or even certain medications. It can also be a result of underlying mental health conditions like depression or anxiety.

2. How can I tell if my grumpiness is uncalled for?

The best way to determine if your grumpiness is uncalled for is to reflect on the situation and your emotions. Ask yourself if there is a valid reason for feeling grumpy and if your reaction is proportionate to the situation. It may also be helpful to seek feedback from others to gain a different perspective.

3. Is it normal to feel grumpy for no reason?

Yes, it is normal to experience grumpiness for no apparent reason. Sometimes our emotions can be triggered by subconscious thoughts or past experiences. It is important to acknowledge and address these feelings to better understand and manage them.

4. How can I stop being grumpy?

There are various strategies that can help improve mood and reduce grumpiness. Some suggestions include practicing relaxation techniques, engaging in enjoyable activities, getting regular exercise, and seeking support from friends and family. It may also be beneficial to address any underlying issues that may be contributing to your grumpiness.

5. When should I seek professional help for my grumpiness?

If your grumpiness is significantly impacting your daily life and relationships, it may be beneficial to seek professional help. A therapist or counselor can help you identify the root causes of your grumpiness and provide strategies to manage it effectively.