Q: How to Draw a Graph with Interval Y Values?

• Thread starter monsmatglad
  • Start date
Do you mean, they used values that were easier to graph or understand? Or do you mean they used values that were more visually appealing on the graph?In summary, the question is about drawing a graph with y values given in intervals, and the correct answers used values that were easier or more visually appealing to graph.
monsmatglad
How do I draw a graph, when all y values are for intervals. Example: 0-1000: 20, 1000-2000: 30. i tried the middle value, but according to the correct answers they had used "prettier" values.

TLS

Mathematics news on Phys.org
monsmatglad said:
How do I draw a graph, when all y values are for intervals. Example: 0-1000: 20, 1000-2000: 30. i tried the middle value, but according to the correct answers they had used "prettier" values.
Do you mean, all the x values are for intervals? Usually, when there are two variables, they are x and y, with the x values along the horizontal axis, and the y values along the vertical axis.

If I understand what you're asking, in your example, between x = 0 and x = 1000, the y value is 20. Between x = 1000 and x = 2000, the y value is 30. In the first part of the graph (between 0 and 1000), the graph is a horizontal line, 20 units up from the x axis. In the second part (between 1000 and 2000), the graph is a horizontal line 30 units above the x axis.

What do you mean by, "they used 'prettier' values"?

1. How can I improve my drawing skills?

To improve your drawing skills, practice regularly and pay attention to the fundamentals of drawing such as proportions, perspective, and shading. You can also try drawing from life or taking a drawing class to learn new techniques and get feedback from others.

2. What are some tips for drawing realistic portraits?

To draw realistic portraits, start by studying the anatomy of the face and practicing drawing different facial features. Pay attention to proportions and use shading to add depth and dimension. It can also be helpful to use reference photos and practice drawing from different angles.

3. How do I choose the right drawing materials?

Choosing the right drawing materials depends on your personal preference and the type of drawing you want to create. Some common materials include pencils, charcoal, pastels, and markers. Experiment with different materials to find what works best for you.

4. How can I make my drawings more dynamic?

To make your drawings more dynamic, try experimenting with different compositions and perspectives. Use lines and shapes to create movement and use contrast in shading to add depth and interest. You can also try incorporating different textures and patterns into your drawings.

5. How can I stay motivated to keep drawing?

To stay motivated, set achievable goals for yourself and reward yourself for meeting them. Find a community of other artists to share your work with and get feedback from. It can also help to try new subjects and techniques to keep your drawings interesting and challenging.