Is this forum only for highschool & college?

• Thread starter chrisdimassi
  • Start date
In summary, make sure to read the instructions and post your grade level so that the homework helpers know to keep their help at an appropriate level.
chrisdimassi
I don't see any questions here geared towards grade school and junior high level students, so would it not be a good idea to refer this site for that age group?

Physics news on Phys.org
You certainly can post questions here for that age-group!

Both are welcome. Keep in mind that our forum policy requires that anyone under the age of 13 have parental permission before signing up, and we strongly recommend that their parents supervise their children's activity on this forum. We moderate the forum with a PG-13 type audience in mind.

Thank you, this is great news. Actually a friend of mine has kids and I want to invite them here. Thanks again!
Canadians are welcome, correct? ;)

chrisdimassi said:
Thank you, this is great news. Actually a friend of mine has kids and I want to invite them here. Thanks again!
Canadians are welcome, correct? ;)

Aren't we at our quota for Canuks? Seems to me that we rated Danger along as 50% of the quota... Well if you must :rofl:

Integral said:
we rated Danger along as 50% of the quota...
And I very much appreciate that honour. As you know, however, I tire easily these days. It would be nice to pass some of my responsibilities on.

Americans are Yanks, Britons are Limeys, New Zealander's are Kiwis, Australians are Aussies. It seemed a little unfair that Candians were spared a nickname. Before I met her, I'd never even heard of the word "Canuck" and then I looked up the definition.
With the short history lesson I got from her, I think if I value my life I will never utter the word. :blushing:

Which section/topic/heading should this agegroup's questions be posted under since most of these topics involve high school and more advanced math/science?

Anything dealing with homework and school work should go to the Homework forum, most likely in the Intro physics section.

Zz.

chrisdimassi said:
Which section/topic/heading should this agegroup's questions be posted under since most of these topics involve high school and more advanced math/science?
Within the Homework forums -
For physics questions: Introductory Physics
For math: Precalculus Mathematics (it's meant to be anything before calculus, not the specific course called "precalculus")
And, Other Sciences for any other science classes, or questions that don't fit easy classification of subject area.

Make sure they read the instructions, especially about needing to show their own attempts at the work first. Since we have very few students that young, it might help if they mention their grade level in their first post or two so the homework helpers know to keep their help at an appropriate level.

1. Is this forum only for high school and college students?

No, this forum is open to anyone who is interested in scientific topics and discussions. We welcome individuals of all ages and backgrounds to participate in our community.

2. Are there any age restrictions for participating in this forum?

No, there are no age restrictions for participating in this forum. We believe that anyone can contribute valuable insights and perspectives to scientific discussions, regardless of their age.

3. Can non-scientists join and participate in this forum?

Absolutely! While this forum may focus on scientific topics, we welcome individuals from all fields and backgrounds to join and share their insights. Diversity of perspectives is crucial for meaningful discussions.

4. Are there any educational qualifications required to join this forum?

No, there are no educational qualifications required to join this forum. We believe that everyone has the potential to learn and contribute to scientific discussions, regardless of their formal education.

5. Can I ask questions about specific scientific topics in this forum?

Yes, we encourage members to ask questions and engage in discussions about various scientific topics. Our community consists of knowledgeable individuals who are happy to share their expertise and insights.