Maximizing Atmospheric Water Generation: Efficient and Sustainable Solutions

In summary, companies claiming to extract water from the atmosphere with low relative humidity use a salt water decontamination system, while companies claiming to extract water from the atmosphere with high relative humidity use a black body radiation machine. Both methods have their pros and cons, but it is interesting to note that both methods have the potential to produce clean drinking water.
Phlange
Hello everyone. I have searched the forum and didn't find a discussion about atomospheric water generation anywhere so far. If you know of a better place for this post, please let me know.

There are several companies that claim to extract water from the atmosphere. Does anyone know how to produce the most water from the atmosphere using the least amount of power? I am interested in ways to generate clean drinking water in areas with both high and low relative humidity, as well as in areas with little or no fuel or electricity (perhaps using solar and wind power).

Company that extracts water from the atmosphere with low relative humidity:

aquasciences(dot)com

"Think of rice used in saltshakers that acts as a magnet to extract water and keeps salt from clumping. We figured out how to tap it in a very unique and proprietary way. We figured out how to mimic nature, using natural salt to extract water and act as a natural decontamination. Think of the Dead Sea, where nothing grows around it because the salt dehydrates everything. It's kind of like that." (RE: Aqua Sciences from Wired Magazine - 10.06.06)

Companies that extract water from the atmosphere with high relative humidity:

airwatercorp (dot) com
air2water (dot) net
whitebuffalonation (dot) tripod (dot) com

Also, any thoughts on purifying the condensation caused by black body (blackbody) radiation?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
That's pretty cool. I've never thought about that before but it really does make sense. The machine in aquascience is very big though. It is literally the size of a bus.

Yeah, tough to transport something like that. By the way, the last line of my original post made no sense so everyone can ignore that part. I can't figure out how to edit my original post to delete that line.

What is Atmospheric Water Generation?

Atmospheric Water Generation is the process of capturing water from the atmosphere and converting it into usable drinking water.

How does Atmospheric Water Generation work?

Atmospheric Water Generation works by using a combination of condensation, filtration, and purification to extract water vapor from the air and convert it into liquid water.

What are the benefits of Atmospheric Water Generation?

Atmospheric Water Generation has several benefits, including providing a sustainable source of clean drinking water in areas with limited access to freshwater, reducing the reliance on traditional water sources, and minimizing the environmental impact of water extraction.

What are the limitations of Atmospheric Water Generation?

One limitation of Atmospheric Water Generation is its dependence on certain atmospheric conditions such as humidity and temperature. It also requires a significant amount of energy to operate, making it less suitable for off-grid or remote locations.

Is Atmospheric Water Generation safe to drink?

Yes, Atmospheric Water Generation can produce safe drinking water as long as it is properly filtered and purified. However, the quality of the water may vary depending on the surrounding air quality and the maintenance of the system.