Tags: beams, spotlight
Share this thread:
Ivan Seeking
Jun7-06, 09:46 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
Late one August night, almost 30 years ago, a mysterious flash of light bore down on a Marshall County deputy as he was patrolling the western edge of the county.

The light lasted only a few minutes, before Sheriff Deputy Val Johnson, who was driving along Minnesota Highway 220, lost consciousness of time.

A few minutes grew into half an hour - 40 minutes, before Johnson became aware of the night again, and when that happened, damage had been done to his eyes and his squad car.

The cause of the light has remained a mystery since August 1979. And it's been the subject of much speculation. [continued]
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandf...s/14757502.htm
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
scott1
Jun7-06, 04:11 PM
P: 459
This sounds like one of those phenomenon's that people see that they can't explain so they aliens! or somthing like to explain it.
Ivan Seeking
Jun8-06, 07:26 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
Quote Quote by scott1
This sounds like one of those phenomenon's that people see that they can't explain so they aliens! or somthing like to explain it.
It is certainly the sort of story that many won't pay any attention to simply because "UFO" was used in the title. Note also that the only mention of aliens comes from you.

Alkatran
Jun16-06, 12:40 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 944
'UFO car' beams into spotlight

It sounds like he hit something. He lost consciousness and woke up with his body and car banged up.

Must've hit a UFO, haha.
russ_watters
Jun16-06, 02:43 PM
Mentor
P: 22,303
Quote Quote by Alkatran
It sounds like he hit something. He lost consciousness and woke up with his body and car banged up.
I was actually thinking it sounded like a stroke.

My boss has something (undiagnosed) where he sometimes sees pretty specific patterns of light. I was driving with him once and he stopped driving and started trying to map them out, pointing to where they were. I've never blacked out, but I've stood up too fast, gotten dizzy and seen spots - perhaps it is a similar phenomena.

Register to reply