Register to reply

Mathematica PlotStyle->{color,color,color} not working

Share this thread:
rynlee
May10-11, 11:54 AM
P: 45
Hi All, running into a bit of a mathematica issue. I put the following code in to plot:
Plot[Im[correlationList], {t, 0, timeEnd}, 
  PlotStyle -> ColorList]
correlationList is a list of complex functions that have been evaluated at t. It correctly plots all of them (if I change it to correlationList[[2]] for example it only plots the second function, etc., as is it plots all of the functions on the same plot)

(I've omitted PlotRange -> {Full, {-1, 1}}, ImageSize -> Large, from the above command, but that's in there too)

ColorList is a list of Hue[] evaluations, i.e.
In:ColorList
Out: {Hue[1/10],Hue[1/5],Hue[3/10],Hue[2/5],Hue[1/2],Hue[3/5],Hue[7/10],Hue[4/5],Hue[9/10],Hue[1]}
When I plot this however, it colors *all* of the curves the *last* color in the color list.

This behavior holds even when I change the PlotStyle term, for example if I use {Orange,Blue,Green} instead of ColorList, it plots *all* of the functions green, none orange or blue. So it always takes the last member of the list. I'm not sure why it's doing this.

I tried transposing ColorList (which I generate from an Array[0&,10] command, then filled in with a Do[] loop), but that just gave error messages.

Thanks for any help,

rynlee
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists discover RNA modifications in some unexpected places
Scientists discover tropical tree microbiome in Panama
'Squid skin' metamaterials project yields vivid color display
CompuChip
May10-11, 01:07 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 4,300
I'm thinking that you might need to Plot[{Im[correlationList[[1]]], ..., Im[correlationList[[n]]]}] rather than
Plot[Im[{correlationList[[1]], ..., correlationList[[n]]} ], if you get what I mean.

So what happens if you plot Evaluate[Im[correlationList]] instead?
Or first convert it to a list, e.g. plotting Im /@ correlationList?
rynlee
May10-11, 03:36 PM
yep the evaluate[] did it! Thanks!

rynlee
May10-11, 05:27 PM
Mathematica PlotStyle->{color,color,color} not working

The final function (just to show what it should look like if anyone else has the same problem):
Attached Thumbnails
Prob 2Gi.jpg  

Register to reply