Anyone knows what this means? Something to do with Thermodynamics?

by Raziel2701
Tags: means, thermodynamics
Raziel2701
May1-12, 09:18 PM
P: 129
http://i.imgur.com/G36U3.jpg

It's been posted in an obscure corner of the physics department forever and I think it'd be nice to know what the heck this is all about.

Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists design quantum switches which can be activated by single photons
'Dressed' laser aimed at clouds may be key to inducing rain, lightning
Higher-order nonlinear optical processes observed using the SACLA X-ray free-electron laser
DrewD
May1-12, 09:41 PM
P: 427
Enthalpy and Gibbs free energy. The first one is the internal energy plus the energy necessary to displace a rabbit's volume worth of air. Gibbs free energy then subtracts from that the heat that will flow into the rabbit from he environment. The idea is that a wizard would require this amount of energy to create a bunny out of thin air.
jtbell
May2-12, 07:59 AM
Mentor
P: 11,232
It's a composite of two figures from Schroeder's Introduction to Thermal Physics: Figure 1.15 on page 33, and Figure 5.1 on page 150.

Raziel2701
May5-12, 07:10 PM
P: 129

Anyone knows what this means? Something to do with Thermodynamics?

Thank you both. That's a really good way of quickly remembering what those energies can do.

Register to reply