Register to reply

Different Branches of Engineering..

Share this thread:
KTS
Jun9-13, 01:25 PM
P: 1
Okay so I am most likely going to go to GA Tech and major in Engineering, but I don't full understand each branch of engineering. So if someone could explain differences between a mechanical engineer, civil engineer, chemical engineer, aerospace engineer, nuclear engineer, etc. I would really appreciate it!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Student develops filter for clean water around the world
Developing the next evolution in underwater communication
Compact vibration harvester power supply with highest efficiency opens door to "fix-and-forget" sensor nodes
russ_watters
Jun9-13, 03:20 PM
Mentor
P: 22,228
Welcome to PF!

This is a very basic and broad question requiring a very long answer. It isn't the sort of thing that can be easily answered in a forum, but it is the sort of thing that is easily answered by Google or Wikipedia. You really should start there, read for an hour or so, then come back with much more specific questions.
SteamKing
Jun9-13, 05:34 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,270
You don't have any clue from the various titles?

boneh3ad
Jun9-13, 06:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,487
Different Branches of Engineering..

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Architecture-and-Engineering/home.htm
jehake12
Jun10-13, 03:04 PM
P: 59
I think you should change your major to business/management because it seems like you want everyone to do all the busy work for you whilst you go play video games/golf/etc.
berkeman
Jun10-13, 03:40 PM
Mentor
P: 40,649
Quote Quote by jehake12 View Post
I think you should change your major to business/management because it seems like you want everyone to do all the busy work for you whilst you go play video games/golf/etc.
Bobbywhy
Jun10-13, 06:04 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,881
I am a retired Senior Field Engineer, so I want you to know about this area of engineering. Here is a pretty good description of what Field Engineers do:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-a-...#didyouknowout
YYaaSSeeRR
Jun11-13, 01:44 AM
P: 53
Wiki Wiki Wiki Peida ,have you tried Google as well??
btw,how did you get admitted to GA while you can't answer simple question like this one? (no offense).

Register to reply