Register to reply

Sum of the first 50 terms of 1/(n(n+1))

by nate808
Tags: None
Share this thread:
nate808
Oct9-05, 08:34 PM
P: 56
how would you solve for the sum of the first 50 terms of 1/(n(n+1))
I know how to do it if there is a common denominator--but i cant seem to find one here, can someone please help(btw, question on a test i just had that i couldt figure out, not hw)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
Tide
Oct10-05, 12:30 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 3,144
Are you familiar with partial fractions? If so then you can do the sum very easily! :)
Moonbear
Oct10-05, 12:54 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Any question related to your coursework should go in homework help, even questions about old exams. Hang on, I'm going to send the thread for a ride over!

nate808
Oct10-05, 11:03 PM
Sum of the first 50 terms of 1/(n(n+1))

i dont exactly understand what finding a partial fraction would do in order to help find the sum--could u please explain( i believe the partial fractions ar 1/n - 1/n+1
nate808
Oct10-05, 11:09 PM
nvm--i figured it out--thanks for the help

Register to reply