problem

by nate808
Tags: None
nate808
Oct9-05, 08:34 PM
P: 56
how would you solve for the sum of the first 50 terms of 1/(n(n+1))
I know how to do it if there is a common denominator--but i cant seem to find one here, can someone please help(btw, question on a test i just had that i couldt figure out, not hw)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
Tide
Oct10-05, 12:30 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 3,149
Are you familiar with partial fractions? If so then you can do the sum very easily! :)
Moonbear
Oct10-05, 12:54 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
Any question related to your coursework should go in homework help, even questions about old exams. Hang on, I'm going to send the thread for a ride over!

nate808
Oct10-05, 11:03 PM

problem

i dont exactly understand what finding a partial fraction would do in order to help find the sum--could u please explain( i believe the partial fractions ar 1/n - 1/n+1
nate808
Oct10-05, 11:09 PM
nvm--i figured it out--thanks for the help

Register to reply