A really cool website for Physics competitions

In summary, PhyKings is a brand new website that allows users to participate in physics problem solving competitions with others. Users can start competitions and choose the number of players, length and type of problem. They can also submit their own interesting problems to be added to the site's library. The website promotes solving challenging problems that require quick thinking and offers a fun and competitive way to do so. While the site is still small, the user encourages others to join and participate in solving problems together.
ZetaOfThree
Gold Member
I found a really cool website where you can have physics problem solving competitions with others. It's brand new and it's called PhyKings: www.phykings.com. You can start a competition, pick the number of players, the length of the problem, the type of problem, and once everyone joins, you start solving. You can also submit problems that you find interesting to add to their library of problems.

I think it's important to not just solve "canned" physics problems out of textbooks, but to solve problems where the approach is initially not clear, and you have to think on your toes to find a solution. PhyKings allows for the latter type of problems and turns it into a game with others. You can also have competitions with 1 person, in which case you just solve a problem by yourself.

I'm not affiliated with this website, I just love the idea of it and I'd like to see it grow. So you should totally join and start solving problems with me. Also feel free to share thoughts.

Science news on Phys.org
Do you participate in solving the problems you post, or just in solving the problems that others post?

phinds said:
Do you participate in solving the problems you post, or just in solving the problems that others post?
I'm not sure. I have only submitted one problem and I haven't been given it yet. I've participated in about 8 competitions, most of them with myself since the site is still small.

1. What is the purpose of this website?

The purpose of this website is to provide a platform for physics enthusiasts to participate in various competitions and challenges, and to showcase their knowledge and skills in the field of physics.

2. Who can participate in these competitions?

Anyone with an interest in physics and a basic understanding of the subject can participate in these competitions. There may be some age restrictions for certain competitions, but overall, all levels of expertise are welcome.

3. Are there any fees for participating in the competitions?

No, there are no fees for participating in the competitions on this website. However, some external competitions may have their own registration fees.

4. How often are new competitions added to the website?

New competitions are added to the website on a regular basis, usually every month. However, this may vary depending on the availability of new competitions and the needs of our community.

5. How are the winners of the competitions determined?

The winners of the competitions are determined by a panel of judges who evaluate the submissions based on specific criteria. Some competitions also have a voting system where participants and/or the public can vote for their favorite submissions.