Any Good Lecture Series on Complex Analysis?

In summary: Thanks for the heads up!In summary, several lecture series on Complex Analysis are available on YouTube, but the MIT series is a good one to start with.
murshid_islam
TL;DR Summary
Looking for a good lecture series on Complex Analysis on YouTube
Can anyone suggest a good lecture series on Complex Analysis on YouTube? I have already searched on YouTube myself, and there are a few. But I wanted to know if any of you would recommend some particular lecture series which you consider to be good.

Physics news on Phys.org
Stack Exchange talks about several online lectures on the subject that you could check out:

https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/1033670/video-lessons-in-complex-analysis

From the top post there:

MIT video lectures part 1
There are 5 videos covering complex numbers, functions, conformal mappings, sequence and series, and integration. The speaker is professor Herbert Gross.

There is also the Khan Academy's basic complex analysis videos

I just found out that Bernd Schroder from Louisiana Tech has videos on Complex Analysis based off of Churchill and Brown's text.

http://www2.latech.edu/~schroder/comp_var_videos.htm

Likes FactChecker
Thank you, jedishrfu.

jedishrfu said:
Stack Exchange talks about several online lectures on the subject that you could check out:

https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/1033670/video-lessons-in-complex-analysis

From the top post there:
A short search of Youtube videos left me surprised at how hard it was to find one I liked. I couldn't find one there to recommend. The MIT series you referenced looks very good. The Kahn Academy series looks slower-paced, but it might be better for an introduction. Your link to Bernd Schroder's lectures seems to be broken.

Yeah, I discovered that too. I didn't notice until after I had posted here that they indeed were downloaded.

1. What is complex analysis?

Complex analysis is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of complex numbers, which are numbers that have both a real and imaginary component. It involves the analysis of functions that are defined on the complex plane, and the properties of these functions.

2. Why is complex analysis important?

Complex analysis has many applications in various fields, such as physics, engineering, and economics. It is also essential in understanding and solving problems in other areas of mathematics, such as differential equations and number theory.

3. What topics are typically covered in a lecture series on complex analysis?

A lecture series on complex analysis may cover topics such as complex numbers, complex functions, complex integration, power series, residues, and conformal mapping. It may also include applications of complex analysis in other areas of mathematics and science.

4. What background knowledge is required for a lecture series on complex analysis?

A basic understanding of calculus, including differentiation and integration, is necessary for a lecture series on complex analysis. Some familiarity with linear algebra and real analysis may also be helpful.

5. How can I benefit from attending a lecture series on complex analysis?

Attending a lecture series on complex analysis can improve your problem-solving skills, enhance your understanding of mathematical concepts, and provide you with a deeper understanding of the applications of complex analysis in various fields. It can also help prepare you for further studies in mathematics or related fields.