Arbirtary Extraction of Primes - From Ideal Fractal(s)?

Basically, the conversation is about the potential existence of fractal equations to describe prime gaps and the concept of "maximal gaps" (which does not actually exist). There is also mention of a mathematician named Yitang Zhang who has made contributions in this area.
Sinsearach
At a sufficient resolution, such as mapping every knowing prime gap...
Could a fractal equation created to perfectly describe this (at max possible res.):
http://techn.ology.net/the-density-plot-of-the-prime-gaps-is-a-fractal/

Likewise clear a path to a nth-dimensional fractal for prime gaps and then... primes?

Yes I know I'm way out of my depth here, which is why I am asking.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean this plot here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_gap?

ah yes i should have remembered that
now i recall coming across that a few weeks ago
also noticed the easily observed curve plot of maximal gaps as charted 1/4 the way down that WP article

... there are infinitely many pairs of prime numbers that differ by 70 million or less ...
This doesn't mean all. There are still gaps of size ##N \in \mathbb{N}## for all ##N##. We don't even know, if there infinitely many pairs of prime numbers that differ by ##2##. There are various upper and lower bounds for the ##n-##th gap.

There is a maximal gap for primes smaller than N. There is no absolute maximal gap anywhere.
Sinsearach said:
But note this proof that apparently shows a absolute maximum gap:
It makes a statement about how often small gaps are. It doesn't make any statement about larger gaps.
There is an infinite set of gaps smaller than 70 million and also an infinite set of gaps larger than that.

fresh_42 said:
This doesn't mean all. There are still gaps of size ##N \in \mathbb{N}## for all ##N##.
There is no gap of size 7, for example (unless you count a gap of size 8 as gap of size 7 as well). You probably mean ##\geq N##.

mfb said:
You probably mean ##\geq N##.
Sure.

1. What is "Arbitrary Extraction of Primes - From Ideal Fractal(s)"?

"Arbitrary Extraction of Primes - From Ideal Fractal(s)" is a mathematical concept that involves using ideal fractals to extract prime numbers. It is a method for generating large prime numbers, which are important in cryptography and other areas of mathematics.

2. How does "Arbitrary Extraction of Primes - From Ideal Fractal(s)" work?

The process involves using a recursive algorithm to generate a series of ideal fractals, which are then mapped to the complex plane. The points on the complex plane that fall within the fractals are then tested to determine if they are prime numbers.

3. What makes "Arbitrary Extraction of Primes - From Ideal Fractal(s)" different from other methods of generating prime numbers?

Unlike other methods, such as the Sieve of Eratosthenes, "Arbitrary Extraction of Primes - From Ideal Fractal(s)" does not rely on pre-existing knowledge of prime numbers. Instead, it uses the structure of ideal fractals to generate new prime numbers.

4. What are the potential applications of "Arbitrary Extraction of Primes - From Ideal Fractal(s)"?

This method has potential applications in cryptography, as large prime numbers are essential for secure encryption. It may also have applications in number theory and other areas of mathematics where prime numbers are relevant.

5. Are there any limitations to "Arbitrary Extraction of Primes - From Ideal Fractal(s)"?

Like any method for generating prime numbers, there are limitations to this approach. It may not be efficient for generating very large prime numbers, and it also relies on the accuracy of the ideal fractals used in the process.