Best books on solving circuits

In summary, the conversation was about recommendations for books on circuit analysis and solving. The participants were currently taking a course on linear circuits and were struggling to understand the methods being taught. They were looking for alternative sources, such as MIT OCW courses, textbooks, or lectures on YouTube. One person recommended "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku, while the other mentioned using "Engineering Circuit Analysis" by Hayt and Kemmerly and "Microelectronic Circuits" by Sedra and Smith.
doktorwho
Hi, do you have any recommendations of books that deal with circuit analysis and circuit solving? I'm currently involved in a course that deals with linear circuits, and we are learning all of these methods of loop currents, thevenin's and norton's theorem, potential of knots and lots of methods way to fast and incomprehensible. Our book sucks too. Is there a source you'd recommend? Like some MIT OCW course, a good textbook or lectures on youtube?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I recently just completed a course all about linear circuits too. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good textbook either. The best I got was "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku. Hope you'll find it more useful than I did.

Likes doktorwho
I used and currently are learning from Hayt and Kemmerly's Engineering Circuit Analysis. Also for Microelectronics, I am examining Sedra and Smith, Mocroelectronic Circuits.

Likes doktorwho

What are the best books for learning about solving circuits?

Some highly recommended books for learning about solving circuits include "Electric Circuits" by James W. Nilsson and Susan A. Riedel, "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku, and "Introduction to Electric Circuits" by Richard C. Dorf and James A. Svoboda.

What topics are covered in books about solving circuits?

Books on solving circuits cover topics such as circuit analysis techniques, network theorems, circuit components and their characteristics, and the application of Ohm's law and Kirchhoff's laws. They also cover topics such as circuit simulation and troubleshooting techniques.

Are there any beginner-friendly books on solving circuits?

Yes, there are many beginner-friendly books on solving circuits. Some recommended titles for beginners include "Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis" by J. David Irwin and R. Mark Nelms, "Electric Circuits: A Problem-Solving Approach" by Nasser Hosseini, and "Schaum's Outline of Basic Circuit Analysis" by John O'Malley.

Do I need a background in math to understand books on solving circuits?

While a basic understanding of algebra and trigonometry is helpful, most books on solving circuits are written in a way that is accessible to readers with little to no background in math. They often include explanations and examples to help readers understand the mathematical concepts used in circuit analysis.

Are there any online resources for learning about solving circuits?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning about solving circuits. Some recommended websites include All About Circuits, Khan Academy, and Electronics Tutorials. Additionally, many universities offer free online courses on circuit analysis that can be helpful for beginners.