Biology help Please check if iam right

• Thread starter DemiMike
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Biology
In summary, the statements provided cover various topics related to biology and energy production. While some are true, others are false and require further explanation. Overall, it is important to understand the interconnectedness of different processes in nature and how they contribute to the overall energy balance of life.
DemiMike
HI.. can you check if i am right

this is a true OR false problem

the answers i got:

T, F T F T T T F F T

11) The free energy of glucose is exactly matched by the total free energy of the ATPs generated in
glycolysis and respiration.
12) Unabated at the current rate, cyclic photosynthesis will one day convert all available planetary water
into oxygen.
13) The oxygen generated by photosynthesis is coupled with the removal of electrons from water
in PSI.
14) Plants perform photosynthesis and do not use oxygen as a terminal electron sink in
respiration.
15) RUBISCO is optimally evolved to work in an oxygen atmosphere.
16) The chlorophyll A molecules of the two photosystems are chemically different which causes
their difference in absorbance spectra.
17) The large + Delta G of life (all life collectively) is ultimately made positive with the energy of light.
18) Proton gradients provide the energy for ATP production in both glycolysis and photosynthesis.
19) The protons of the thylakoid space come entirely from protons that once were in the stroma
20) Most, if not all, of the valence electrons on the carbon atoms in your body were recently
in a water molecule (recently: meaning non-geologic time).

Thanks. . please help me =o

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello! I am happy to help you with your questions. Here are my responses to the statements you provided:

11) True - The free energy of glucose is indeed matched by the total free energy of ATPs generated in glycolysis and respiration.
12) False - While photosynthesis does produce oxygen, it is not a limitless process and there are other factors that contribute to the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere.
13) True - Oxygen is generated by photosynthesis through the removal of electrons from water in PSI.
14) False - Plants do use oxygen as a terminal electron sink in respiration.
15) False - RUBISCO is not optimally evolved to work in an oxygen atmosphere. In fact, it can be inhibited by high levels of oxygen.
16) True - The chlorophyll A molecules in the two photosystems are chemically different, which leads to their difference in absorbance spectra.
17) False - While light energy can contribute to the overall energy of life, it is not the only source and there are many other energy sources that contribute to the large Delta G of life.
18) True - Proton gradients are indeed used to produce ATP in both glycolysis and photosynthesis.
19) False - The protons in the thylakoid space come from both water and the splitting of NADPH in photosynthesis.
20) True - Most, if not all, of the carbon atoms in our bodies were once part of a water molecule, as carbon is cycled through various processes in the environment.

I cannot check if you are right without knowing the specific information and context behind each statement. It is important to provide the reasoning and evidence behind your answers in order to accurately determine their correctness. Additionally, it is always recommended to double check your work and consult reliable sources for confirmation. If you are struggling with understanding certain concepts in biology, it may be helpful to seek assistance from a teacher or tutor.

1. What is biology?

Biology is the scientific study of living organisms and their interactions with their environment. It covers a broad range of topics including the structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, and distribution of living things.

2. How can I improve my understanding of biology?

There are several ways to improve your understanding of biology. Some suggestions include actively participating in class, taking thorough notes, studying regularly, seeking out additional resources such as textbooks or online tutorials, and asking questions when you don't understand something.

3. What are the main branches of biology?

The main branches of biology are botany (study of plants), zoology (study of animals), microbiology (study of microorganisms), genetics (study of heredity and gene expression), ecology (study of interactions between organisms and their environment), and biochemistry (study of chemical processes in living organisms).

4. How does biology relate to other sciences?

Biology is closely related to other sciences such as chemistry, physics, and geology. It incorporates principles and concepts from these fields to help explain biological phenomena. For example, chemistry is essential for understanding the biochemical processes in living organisms, while physics can help explain the physical mechanisms behind animal movement and behavior.

5. What are some potential career options in biology?

There are many potential career options in biology, including research scientist, medical doctor, conservationist, environmental consultant, science writer, and teacher. Some individuals may also choose to specialize in a specific area of biology, such as marine biology, genetics, or ecology.