Build an Autogyro: Get Plans & Instructions Here

• Thread starter Gyropilot
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Build
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for plans to make an autogyro and the suggestion to look on Google. The person asking the question expresses difficulty finding plans and the suggestion to ask on a forum. Another person recommends specific websites and an upcoming event for more information. There is also mention of previously finding plans in Popular Mechanics.
Gyropilot
Will someone please tell me where I can get some plans to make an autogyro. I would like some basic plans for a 1 or 2 seat autogyro.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why not just do a search on Google?

I tried and only found ones for models. I can't always use a computer so I thought I'd just ask on some forum. It's better to have ideas from more than one person anyway.

Hi, gyropilot,you need to go to Rotary Wing Forum and PRA website lots of info...
BTW,mentone indiana hosts a large gyro gathering next weekend!

There used to be tons of autogyro plans in the back of Popular Mechanics.

Related to Build an Autogyro: Get Plans & Instructions Here

1. What is an autogyro?

An autogyro is a type of aircraft that uses unpowered rotating blades to generate lift, similar to a helicopter. However, unlike a helicopter, an autogyro does not have a powered rotor and instead relies on forward motion to turn the blades.

2. What materials are needed to build an autogyro?

The materials needed to build an autogyro can vary depending on the specific design and plans being used. Generally, materials such as aluminum, wood, fiberglass, and various mechanical components are used.

3. Is it difficult to build an autogyro?

Building an autogyro can be a challenging and time-consuming task, especially for someone without prior experience in aircraft construction. It requires a good understanding of aerodynamics and mechanical engineering principles.

4. Can I fly an autogyro without a pilot's license?

In most countries, a pilot's license is required to fly any type of aircraft, including an autogyro. Some countries may have specific regulations for flying experimental aircraft, but it is always best to check with local aviation authorities before attempting to fly an autogyro.

5. Where can I find plans and instructions for building an autogyro?

There are various resources available for finding plans and instructions for building an autogyro, such as online communities, aviation magazines, and books. It is important to ensure that the plans and instructions are from a reputable source and have been properly tested and approved for safety.