Where Can I Find Calculus by James Stewart 8th Edition?

• Calculus
  • Thread starter INAM KHAN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the conversation is about the need for a specific book, "Calculus" by James Stewart, 8th edition. The suggestion is made to look for it on Amazon or to search for a second-hand copy. It is also mentioned that a cheaper older edition or borrowing from a classmate or library could be options. The conversation ends with a statement about the OP not asking a specific question.
INAM KHAN
I need this book Calculus by James Stewart 8th edition.

Physics news on Phys.org
It can be found on amazon, or online if you know where to look, second hand is also an option.
I do not see the book as being rigourous though? I have here and I think there are better books.

You can also buy a cheaper older edition for under 5 dollars. Just take a picture of a classmates problem sets or go to the library and do it.

Likes CalcNerd
INAM KHAN said:
That is a statement. Do you have a question?

smodak said:
That is a statement. Do you have a question?
The question is very easily inferred. The Amazon suggestion is a good suggestion. Also, going to a public library's book sale, depending on what is typical at that site, may well turn up just what you are asking for, or other possible great finds.

symbolipoint said:
The question is very easily inferred. The Amazon suggestion is a good suggestion. Also, going to a public library's book sale, depending on what is typical at that site, may well turn up just what you are asking for, or other possible great finds.
I guess so, by why doesn't the OP answer?

INAM KHAN said:
smodak said:
I guess so, by why doesn't the OP answer?

He did not exactly ASK a question. He declared what he wants or "needs".

1. What is "Calculus by James Stewart"?

"Calculus by James Stewart" is a textbook used to teach calculus at the college level. It covers topics such as limits, derivatives, and integrals, as well as applications of calculus in various fields.

2. Who is James Stewart?

James Stewart was a Canadian mathematician and professor who wrote the textbook "Calculus" and its variations, which have been used in universities and colleges around the world. He has also written other textbooks on topics such as precalculus, algebra, and trigonometry.

3. Is "Calculus by James Stewart" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Calculus by James Stewart" is suitable for beginners. The textbook is designed to introduce students to the fundamental concepts of calculus and does not assume any prior knowledge of the subject.

4. Does "Calculus by James Stewart" cover both single and multivariable calculus?

Yes, "Calculus by James Stewart" covers both single and multivariable calculus. The first half of the textbook focuses on single variable calculus, while the second half covers multivariable calculus topics such as partial derivatives, multiple integrals, and vector calculus.

5. Are there resources available to supplement "Calculus by James Stewart"?

Yes, there are resources available to supplement "Calculus by James Stewart." The textbook comes with an online companion website that includes practice problems, video tutorials, and other helpful resources. Additionally, there are many online resources such as Khan Academy and YouTube videos that cover similar topics and can be used in conjunction with the textbook.