Can't create new thread in certain boards

• Thread starter a7d07c8114
  • Start date
In summary, when trying to create a new thread in Math & Science Learning Materials, a user received a message stating they did not have permission to access the page. After ensuring their account was activated and they were not attempting to perform any privileged actions, they questioned why this was happening. The reason for this is that regular members are not allowed to post in that section.
a7d07c8114
I'm trying to create a new thread in Math & Science Learning Materials, but this message comes up when I click "New Topic":

a7d07c8114, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've made sure I'd activated my account, and I'm not trying to do any of those things. It doesn't seem as if an admin has disabled my account (I was never notified of it, plus it seems I can post just fine here). Would someone please tell me why this is happening?

Physics news on Phys.org
Regular members are disallowed from posting in there

1. Why am I unable to create a new thread in certain boards?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It is possible that the board has reached its maximum capacity for threads, or the board may be temporarily closed for new threads. It is also possible that your account does not have the necessary permissions to create threads in certain boards.

2. How can I fix the issue of not being able to create a new thread?

You can try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue persists, you can contact the administrator of the board or the website for further assistance. They may be able to provide you with more information or help troubleshoot the issue.

3. Is there a limit to the number of threads that can be created in a board?

Yes, there is usually a limit to the number of threads that can be created in a board. This limit is set by the administrator of the board and varies depending on the purpose and size of the board. If you are unable to create a new thread, it is possible that the board has reached its maximum capacity for threads.

4. Can I create a new thread in a different board instead?

Yes, if you are unable to create a new thread in a certain board, you can try creating it in a different board. However, make sure that the topic of your thread is relevant to the board you are posting in. If you are unsure, you can contact the board administrator for guidance.

5. How can I prevent encountering this issue in the future?

If you frequently encounter the issue of not being able to create a new thread in certain boards, it may be helpful to read the board's rules and guidelines. This can help you understand the limitations and requirements for creating threads in that board. Additionally, keeping your account in good standing and following the rules of the board can also prevent any issues with creating new threads.