Can't post a video to the videos section?

• Thread starter renec112
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker wrote to Greg Bernhardt to ask for permission to post videos in the videos section, but did not receive a response and went ahead and posted anyway. However, the video was not immediately approved and the speaker has not heard back after a week. They are confused about the process and asked about any rules that may have caused their video to not be approved. The expert suggests that the video may have violated the guidelines and encourages the speaker to keep trying and provides reassurance that they are not upset. The speaker mentions trying to post a video about optics and their uncertainty about why it was not approved. They plan to try again in the future and the expert offers to send a private message with an explanation.
renec112
I wrote a message to Greg Bernhardt to hear if it was okay i posted some videos to the videos section.
However, i didn't receive an answer so i just posted anyway. When i did the website said an administrator had to approve it, now a week has passed and I've heard nothing..

Physics news on Phys.org
You don't hear anything when your video is approved. When you post a video, it is queued for approval by a mentor. You do not get a message if it is approved or not. If it's approved, then you should be able to see your video under the "New Videos" section. If it's not approved, then you'll not find it.

Thank you. Are there any rules? I don’t understand why it wasn’t approved

Maybe the mentors found something in the video, which violated the PF guidelines, due to which it couldn't be made public.

But don't feel upset. I also took some time in understanding what videos should be posted. If you get good videos, keep on posting, and they'll surely be approved if they fit the guidelines.

Last edited:
Don't worry - I'm not upset :D
I tried posting a video about the basics of optics to optics. After reading the guidelines the video could only have violated "Advertising & Spam" since i made the video myself. But I'm not sure. Will try with another video another day then :)

I'll send you a private message with an explanation

1. Why am I unable to post a video to the videos section?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to post a video to the videos section. It could be due to technical issues with the website, or it could be that your video file is too large or in an unsupported format. It's also possible that you do not have the proper permissions to post videos on the website.

2. How can I fix the issue of not being able to post a video?

The first step is to make sure that your video file is in a supported format and that it is not too large. If that does not solve the issue, you should reach out to the website administrators for assistance. They may be able to troubleshoot the problem or grant you the necessary permissions to post videos.

3. Can I post any type of video to the videos section?

No, you cannot post any type of video to the videos section. The website may have restrictions on the types of videos that can be posted, such as content guidelines or file format limitations. Make sure to check the website's guidelines before attempting to post a video.

4. Is there a limit to how many videos I can post in the videos section?

Yes, there may be a limit to the number of videos you can post in the videos section. This limit may be set by the website administrators or by your account settings. If you are unable to post a video, it's possible that you have reached your limit and may need to delete some previous videos before posting a new one.

5. Can I post a video from a different website to the videos section?

It depends on the website's policies and guidelines. Some websites may allow you to embed videos from other sources, while others may not. Make sure to check the website's guidelines before attempting to post a video from a different website.