Career Path Advice for people with no technical or social skills

• Engineering
  • Thread starter Ssp
  • Start date
Ssp
What are some high paying easy to get jobs for people with no technical and social skills.

I have an EE degree but I'm not skilled in it either and therefore I'm unable to advance in it either.

Physics news on Phys.org
Roughneck on an oil rig is the only one that comes to mind

Likes CalcNerd, russ_watters, Vanadium 50 and 1 other person
Ssp said:
I have an EE degree but I'm not skilled in it either and therefore I'm unable to advance in it either.
How can you have not technical skills if you have an EE degree? Did you buy it?

• Haha
Likes Math100 and Vanadium 50
Dale said:
Roughneck on an oil rig is the only one that comes to mind
Misses on the “easy” requirement though.

In my experience the answers depend upon whether you are stupid, lazy, or both.

Likes russ_watters
More background: I graduated with a GPA of close to 4.0 but am inept in the field.

• Skeptical
Likes Dale
Nugatory said:
Misses on the “easy” requirement though.
It was “easy to get”, not “easy”.

Likes russ_watters
Dale said:
It was “easy to get”, not “easy”.
Well now I'm changing it to both "easy to get" and "easy". You can also be skeptical as much as you want about my GPA. But it's the truth take it or leave it, I don't care.

Ssp said:
Well now I'm changing it to both "easy to get" and "easy".
There is no such job then.

Ssp said:
You can also be skeptical as much as you want about my GPA. But it's the truth take it or leave it, I don't care.
I am not skeptical about your GPA. I am skeptical about your GPA and your claimed ineptness both together.

Likes berkeman, symbolipoint and Vanadium 50
Dale said:
There is no such job then.
Well thank you for trying.

If there were an easy, well-paying job that required no skills, don't you think everyone would jump on it?

Likes Math100 and gwnorth
Ssp said:
What are some high paying easy to get jobs for people with no technical and social skills.

The question does not qualify as serious,... or something.

Electrical Engineering degree? That should be vocational with knowledge. Skills must be part of this.

Focusing on what "high paying" jobs, is the wrong focus. One should look for jobs which one is qualified to do. Everyone can work with someone or some small group. Not much special skill is needed. These social skills have been in ones progression all thoughout ones life. One at least has an ability to react and to respond

Likes russ_watters
Ssp said:
More background: I graduated with a GPA of close to 4.0 but am inept in the field.
May I be bold enough to say, that makes no sense?

Likes Dale and berkeman
Ssp said:
Well now I'm changing it to both "easy to get" and "easy". You can also be skeptical as much as you want about my GPA. But it's the truth take it or leave it, I don't care.
You serious? If so then explain it!

A bit of too-late advising:

(1) best to choose a degree objective in a subject in which one is interested

(2) very important to know what specifically you want to do with your education's degree objective; like what jobs do you believe you want? What tasks and skills you want to do?

One MUST have clear precise answers for point 2; or else one may become and stay lost for a very long time.

Ssp said:
hat are some high paying easy to get jobs for people with no technical and social skills.

Sounds to me like you're looking for a unicorn (something that doesn't exist).

Fortunately these issues are correctable. Both technical and social skills can be learned and both skill sets tend to develop out of experience rather than in a classroom.

In university, you acquire a vast wealth of knowledge. To be fair, universities also have opportunities for skill development, but not everyone takes advantage of those (or even recognizes them for what they are). This is why in the working world fresh graduates are rarely placed in positions of heavy responsibility and instead are required to work their way into them.

If you want to develop social skills, for example, take a position as a server or in sales. Over time you can learn how best to interact with people on a professional level. Invest in yourself. Join a chapter of Toastmasters or form a local community group around an interest of yours. You may not ever get to the point of those people who just seem to be born with charisma, but most people can develop enough social prowess to be successful in the professional world.

Likes DeBangis21
Ssp said:
symbolipoint said:
May I be bold enough to say, that makes no sense?
Ssp said:
You can also be skeptical as much as you want about my GPA. But it's the truth take it or leave it, I don't care.

There is only one way to get such high grades and not learn the material.

Since your posts in this thread border on trolling, the thread is now closed. Thank you everybody for trying to help out the OP (if their posts were serious).

Likes Math100 and Bystander

1. What career options are available for people with no technical or social skills?

There are still many career options available for individuals with limited technical or social skills. Some examples include administrative roles, customer service positions, and jobs in the retail or hospitality industries.

2. Can I still have a successful career without strong technical or social skills?

Yes, having technical or social skills is not the only factor in determining career success. Other qualities such as a strong work ethic, determination, and a positive attitude can also contribute to a successful career.

3. How can I improve my technical or social skills to advance in my career?

There are many ways to improve technical or social skills, including taking classes or courses, practicing with online tutorials or resources, and seeking mentorship or guidance from experienced professionals.

4. Will my lack of technical or social skills hinder my job search?

While it may be more challenging to secure certain positions without strong technical or social skills, there are still many job opportunities available for individuals with a range of skills and qualifications. It may be helpful to focus on highlighting your strengths and transferable skills during the job search process.

5. Are there any industries that are more suitable for people with no technical or social skills?

There is no one industry that is more suitable for individuals with limited technical or social skills. It ultimately depends on the specific job requirements and the individual's strengths and interests. It may be beneficial to research different industries and job roles to find the best fit for your skills and abilities.