ChatGPT Answers: Guidelines for Q&A Posts

• Thread starter Frabjous
  • Start date
  • Tags
    chatgpt
In summary, the conversation is discussing the issue of moderating posts that contain AI chatbot content in the forums. The moderators have had discussions on how to handle these posts and have been giving warnings, but now they may start banning people. The question is raised about why some ChatGPT answers are allowed to remain while others are flagged or deleted. The response is that it is a complex issue and the moderators may have missed some posts. One member shares a joke about a restaurant with terrible food and small portions. The conversation ends with the moderator closing the thread.
Frabjous
Gold Member
Why are some ChatGPT answers to poster questions allowed to remain while others are flagged/deleted? What guidelines are being applied?
I am not referring to threads where ChatGPT itself is under discussion.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
One of the problems is that we are currently at the "whack-a-mole" stage in Moderating posts that have AI chatbot content. We've had lots of discussions in the Mentor forums about how to handle such content, and up until recently the volume was low enough that we could just give "Unacceptable Reference" warnings for those. But it may be time to start banning some people...

(just kidding)...

(mostly)...

• Wow
Likes YouAreAwesome, russ_watters and topsquark
Frabjous said:
Why are some ChatGPT answers to poster questions allowed to remain while others are flagged/deleted?
Have you been reporting them when you see them?

• Love
Likes mfb and Vanadium 50
jtbell said:
Have you been reporting them when you see them?
Yes. This question was inspired by a post the moderators chose not to delete. Obviously there are some subtleties that I do not understand.

Likes jtbell
Frabjous said:
Yes. This question was inspired by a post the moderators chose not to delete. Obviously there are some subtleties that I do not understand.
I responded to your PM. :smile:

Likes Frabjous
The objection seems to be twofold - first, that the Mentors shouldn't be closing such threads, and second, they've missed some.

This reminds me of the old joke "The food at that restaurant is terrible!" "I know! And the portions are so small!"

Vanadium 50 said:
The objection seems to be twofold - first, that the Mentors shouldn't be closing such threads, and second, they've missed some.

This reminds me of the old joke "The food at that restaurant is terrible!" "I know! And the portions are so small!"
I like how you reversed my position.

Last edited:
If I misunderstood, perhaps you should try again keeping that in mind.

Vanadium 50 said:
If I misunderstood, perhaps you should try again keeping that in mind.
If you found post number four confusing, maybe you should not have opined.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Thread paused for a bit.

Thread will remain closed.

Likes dlgoff