chasrob
Any insights on the hearing this week?

Physics news on Phys.org
well, I think this discussion is in the right forum

• Haha
Likes russ_watters, hutchphd and berkeman
BWV said:
well, I think this discussion is in the right forum
A toss-up between here and the general. Figured here would be logical, since there were LGMs involved. :wink:

It wasn't last week it was over a month ago. We had some discussion of it here, but I can't seem to find the thread. The general consensus is it's just more of the usual; unsubstantiated claims, hearsay and fuzzy photos/no physical evidence. But there are some who Believe. I'm not sure there's much more to say that would run this afoul of our rules, so I'm going to close it now.

• Sad
Likes bob012345, Rive, BillTre and 1 other person

1. What is a Congressional hearing on UAPs/UFOs?

A Congressional hearing on UAPs/UFOs is a meeting held by members of Congress to gather information and evidence about unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs) or unidentified flying objects (UFOs). These hearings are typically held to discuss the potential national security implications and scientific significance of UAPs/UFOs.

2. Why is there a Congressional hearing on UAPs/UFOs?

The recent increase in reports of UAPs/UFOs by military personnel and the public has sparked interest and concern among lawmakers. A Congressional hearing provides a platform for experts and witnesses to share their knowledge and insights on the topic, which can inform future policy decisions.

3. What evidence will be presented at the Congressional hearing on UAPs/UFOs?

The evidence presented at the Congressional hearing on UAPs/UFOs may include eyewitness testimonies, radar data, videos and photographs, and analysis from experts in various fields such as aviation, physics, and national security. The goal is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the phenomenon and its potential implications.

4. Will the public have access to the information discussed at the Congressional hearing on UAPs/UFOs?

It is up to the discretion of the members of Congress organizing the hearing to determine whether the information discussed will be made available to the public. Some information, particularly related to national security, may be classified and not released to the public.

5. What impact could the Congressional hearing on UAPs/UFOs have on the study of UAPs/UFOs?

The Congressional hearing on UAPs/UFOs could potentially bring more attention and funding to the study of UAPs/UFOs. It may also lead to further research and investigations into the phenomenon, as well as potential policy changes regarding the reporting and handling of UAP/UFO sightings.