Convert Kg to Gallon: USD Conversion Tips

• Thread starter samjose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Convert
So, I believe, the conversion factor is already accounted for.In summary, to convert USD/kg to USD/gallon, you need to use the specific gravity of the liquid. For liquid A, the cost is 1416 USD/gallon and the specific gravity is 1.35. For liquid B, the cost is 120 USD/kg and the specific gravity is 1.67. Assuming the specific gravity of water is 1, then 1 kg of water is equivalent to 1 liter and 1 gallon is approximately equal to 3.785 liters. Therefore, for liquid B, the cost is 120 USD/kg = 120 USD/liter = 454 USD/gallon. However, if the specific gravity of the
samjose
Hello,

How do i convert USD/kg to USD/gallon? pl help

Liquid A:
Cost=1416 USD/gallon
Specific Gravity=1.35

Liquid B:
Cost=120 USD/Kg
Specific Gravity=1.67

Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
If it was water (specific gravity = 1), then 1 kg = 1 liter, and since 1 gallon ≈ 3,785 liter, that's
120 USD/kg = 120 UDS/liter = 454 UDS/gallon

I'll let you make the adjustment for the specific gravity of liquid B.

DrClaude said:
If it was water (specific gravity = 1), then 1 kg = 1 liter, and since 1 gallon ≈ 3,785 liter, that's
120 USD/kg = 120 UDS/liter = 454 UDS/gallon

I'll let you make the adjustment for the specific gravity of liquid B.
I think you're off by a factor of 1000 on that conversion of gallons to liters. 1 gallon is about 4 liters.

Chet

Chestermiller said:
I think you're off by a factor of 1000 on that conversion of gallons to liters. 1 gallon is about 4 liters.
That was a European "decimal point" :wink:

You may have to account for the temperature of the liquid depending on how precise your conversion needs to be.

David Lewis said:
You may have to account for the temperature of the liquid depending on how precise your conversion needs to be.
In his first post, the OP specified the required density values.

What is the formula for converting kilograms to gallons?

The formula for converting kilograms to gallons is: 1 kg = 0.264172 gallons.

How do I convert kilograms to gallons?

To convert kilograms to gallons, you can use the formula: 1 kg = 0.264172 gallons. Simply multiply the number of kilograms by 0.264172 to get the equivalent in gallons.

What is the current exchange rate for USD to kilograms?

The exchange rate for USD to kilograms can vary, as it depends on the current market value of both currencies. It is important to check the most recent exchange rates when converting between USD and kilograms.

Can I convert pounds to gallons using the same formula?

No, the formula for converting kilograms to gallons is different from the formula for converting pounds to gallons. To convert pounds to gallons, you would need to use a different conversion factor.

Are there any conversion tips I should keep in mind when converting kilograms to gallons?

When converting between units, it is important to double check your calculations and ensure that you are using the correct conversion factor. It can also be helpful to round to the nearest decimal place for easier understanding of the converted value. Additionally, it is important to be aware of any potential rounding errors that may occur when using conversion formulas.