Could this be simplified?

• I
  • Thread starter Sameh soliman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    mathemathics
In summary, the conversation discusses simplifying a mathematical expression and provides a link to WolframAlpha which gives a simplified form with one variable expression. The link does not work and the conversation ends with a suggestion for further simplification.
Sameh soliman
I am sorry but i am not a mathematician
Could this be simplified ?
main-qimg-a2a1217b577acb59952f518b9dd2be03.jpg

Attachments

• main-qimg-a2a1217b577acb59952f518b9dd2be03.jpg
    main-qimg-a2a1217b577acb59952f518b9dd2be03.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 667
Mathematics news on Phys.org
... or even one more step:
$$
\dfrac{\sqrt{x^2+y^2}}{y}+1=1+\sqrt{\left(\dfrac{x}{y}\right)^2+1}
$$
which gives a nice form with only one variable expression ##z:=\dfrac{x}{y}##.

Likes PeroK
Links don't work for me either.

1. What is the purpose of simplifying something?

The purpose of simplifying something is to make it easier to understand or use. By breaking down complex ideas or processes into simpler components, it becomes more accessible to a wider audience.

2. How do you determine if something can be simplified?

There are a few factors to consider when determining if something can be simplified. First, look at the complexity of the subject matter and whether it can be broken down into smaller parts. Next, consider the target audience and their level of understanding. Finally, evaluate the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the current method or process.

3. What are the benefits of simplifying something?

The benefits of simplifying something are numerous. It can improve understanding and comprehension, save time and effort, increase accessibility, and reduce errors. Simplification can also make complex tasks or concepts more manageable and less intimidating.

4. Are there any downsides to simplifying something?

While simplification can have many advantages, it can also have some downsides. Simplifying something too much can lead to oversimplification, which can result in important details being left out. This can lead to a lack of accuracy and completeness. Additionally, some may argue that oversimplification can also lead to a lack of critical thinking and depth of understanding.

5. How can I effectively simplify something?

Effective simplification involves breaking down complex ideas or processes into smaller, more manageable parts. Use clear and concise language, avoid unnecessary jargon or technical terms, and provide examples or visual aids when possible. It's also important to consider the target audience and their level of understanding to ensure the simplification is effective for them.