Could you explain me about 'relation algebraic property with conjugate'?

In summary, The book "A First Course in Abstract Algebra 7th" by Fraleigh discusses the relationship between algebraic properties and conjugates in automorphisms of fields. It explains that if two elements a and b in an algebraic extension E of F have the same minimal polynomial over F, then there is a natural isomorphism between the subfields F(a) and F(b) which is identity on F. This means that F(a) and F(b) have the same algebraic structure and properties.
bw0young0math
Hello everyone. At first, I appreciate your click this page.

I have a book named 'A first Course in Abstract Algebra 7th' by Fraleigh.

I have a question about 'relation algebraic property with conjugate' in automorhisms of fields.
in page415,
this book explains "Let E is algebraic extension of F& a,b∈E. Then a and b have the same algebraic property iff irr(a,F)=irr(b,F)."
What's mean algebraic property in that sentense? If you explain me, I will be happy:)Thanks. Have a nice day:)

Physics news on Phys.org
bw0young0math said:
Hello everyone. At first, I appreciate your click this page.

I have a book named 'A first Course in Abstract Algebra 7th' by Fraleigh.

I have a question about 'relation algebraic property with conjugate' in automorhisms of fields.
in page415,
this book explains "Let E is algebraic extension of F& a,b∈E. Then a and b have the same algebraic property iff irr(a,F)=irr(b,F)."
What's mean algebraic property in that sentense? If you explain me, I will be happy:)Thanks. Have a nice day:)
I don't have the book. But what Fraleigh is trying to say is the following:

Let $a, b\in K$ be algebraic over $F$ satisfying $irr(a, F)=irr(b, F)$. Then there is a "natural isomorphism" between $F(a)$ and $F(b)$ which is identity on $F$.

The isomorphism is given by $\phi:F(a)\to F(b)$, where $\phi(p(a))=p(b)$ for all $p(x)\in F[x]$.

The fact that $\phi$ is well defined requires $irr(a, F)=irr(b, F)$.

caffeinemachine said:
I don't have the book. But what Fraleigh is trying to say is the following:

Let $a, b\in K$ be algebraic over $F$ satisfying $irr(a, F)=irr(b, F)$. Then there is a "natural isomorphism" between $F(a)$ and $F(b)$ which is identity on $F$.

The isomorphism is given by $\phi:F(a)\to F(b)$, where $\phi(p(a))=p(b)$ for all $p(x)\in F[x]$.

The fact that $\phi$ is well defined requires $irr(a, F)=irr(b, F)$.
Thanks! I understand it! F(a)and F(b) are isomorphic so we can think that they have the same algebraic constructure and algebraic properties. Thank you:)

1. What is relation algebraic property?

Relation algebraic property refers to the set of rules or laws that govern the operations and properties of relations in algebraic systems. These properties help to define the behavior of relations and their interactions with other elements within the algebraic system.

2. How is relation algebraic property related to conjugates?

The concept of conjugates in relation algebraic property is used to describe the relationship between two elements within a relation. Conjugates are elements that have the same properties, but with opposite signs or values. They play a crucial role in determining the properties of a relation and its operations.

3. What are the main properties of relation algebraic property with conjugates?

There are several properties of relation algebraic property with conjugates, including closure, associativity, commutativity, identity, and inverse. These properties help to define the behavior of relations and their interactions with other elements within the algebraic system.

4. How does the property of closure apply to relation algebraic property with conjugates?

The property of closure in relation algebraic property with conjugates states that when two elements within a relation are combined, the result will always be another element within the same relation. This ensures that the operations performed on relations will always produce meaningful results.

5. What is the significance of understanding relation algebraic property with conjugates?

Understanding relation algebraic property with conjugates is crucial for various fields such as mathematics, computer science, and engineering. It provides a fundamental framework for defining and analyzing relations and their operations, which are used in various applications, including databases, programming languages, and circuit design.