Creating FMESH Tally Over Region - Troubleshooting

• Thread starter nrat320
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simulation
In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of a FMESH tally for energy deposition over a region with specific boundaries. The input code is provided, but the meshtal file only shows three significant figures and the user is wondering if this is due to the boundary resolution or incorrect writing of boundaries. There is no information in the manual about boundary resolution.
nrat320
TL;DR Summary
My FMESH bounds are not right
I am trying to create a FMESH tally over a region that's (x: -15um to 15um, y:-15um to 15um, z:10um to 60um). My input code is below:

FC4 FMESH tally energy deposition
FMESH4:E GEOM=xyz ORIGIN= -0.0015 -0.0015 0.0010 &
IMESH=0.0015 IINTS=10 &
JMESH=0.0015 JINTS=1 &
KMESH=0.0060 KINTS=10 &
OUT=ik

However the meshtal file does not show more than 3 sigfigs (the meshtal output is shown below):

Tally bin boundaries:
X direction: -0.00 -0.00 -0.00 -0.00 -0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
Y direction: -0.00 0.00
Z direction: 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.01 0.01 0.01
Energy bin boundaries: 1.00E-05 1.00E+01

I couldn't anything about boundary resolution in the manual. Is FMESH incapable of calculating for small area or am I writing the boundaries incorrectly?

Engineering news on Phys.org

It seems like you are having trouble with the boundary resolution in your FMESH tally. The output only shows 3 significant figures, which could be an indication that the program is not capable of calculating for such a small area. I would recommend checking the manual or reaching out to the program's technical support team for more information on boundary resolution and if there are any limitations for small areas in FMESH. It is also possible that you are writing the boundaries incorrectly, so double-checking your input code and making sure it matches the program's requirements could also be helpful.

1. What is FMESH Tally and why is it important for creating a region?

FMESH Tally is a tool used in scientific research to analyze data and create visual representations of data over a specific region. It is important for creating a region because it allows scientists to accurately track and analyze data within a specific area, providing valuable insights into patterns and trends.

2. How do I troubleshoot issues with creating FMESH Tally over a region?

If you are experiencing issues with creating FMESH Tally over a region, the first step is to check your data inputs and ensure they are accurate and complete. Next, check for any errors in the software or coding. If the issue persists, consult with other scientists or experts in the field for further troubleshooting assistance.

3. Can I use FMESH Tally for any type of data or does it have limitations?

FMESH Tally can be used for a wide range of data types, including numerical, categorical, and spatial data. However, it may have limitations depending on the specific research question and data being analyzed. It is important to consult with experts and thoroughly test the tool before using it for a specific project.

4. How can I ensure the accuracy of FMESH Tally results?

To ensure the accuracy of FMESH Tally results, it is important to carefully select and input accurate data, thoroughly test the tool, and consult with other scientists or experts in the field. It is also important to consider any potential biases or limitations in the data and adjust the analysis accordingly.

5. Are there any alternatives to using FMESH Tally for creating a region?

Yes, there are other tools and methods that can be used for creating a region and analyzing data. Some alternatives include GIS software, statistical software, and custom coding. It is important to research and compare different options to determine the best fit for your specific research project.