Who Would Benefit from a Comprehensive Database of Cumulative Fission Yields?

In summary, your database simulation of cumulative fission yields has potential value for researchers, scientists, and organizations in the field of nuclear energy and physics.
Moniz_not_Ernie
I couldn’t find a table of cumulative fission yields on the web, so I made one in a database simulation. Who might be interested?

The full table covers the evolution of 1322 isotopes over 34 years. The results are in the form of 31 “snapshots” of the isotopic composition as the reactor ages from one second (20) to a GigaSec (230 seconds).

Here is a chart from the output table, highlighting a new field that groups the isotopes by half-life. It shows how the very hottest isotopes get swamped by their daughters as they cool. On the left, the fission of a 238-U atom produces two total fission fragments, 80% of which have half-lives of less than a minute. The remaining columns have populations normalized to that. On the right, the population of fission fragments is actually 2 billion+, over half of which are stable.

upload_2017-2-10_17-24-41.png

Data are available for 21 combinations of fuels and neutron speeds. (In fact, there were only 21 fission events in the whole simulation. I cloned each one 30 times.) The source data is also available. Coordinating the isotope, initial yield, and branching data from three separate sources was not trivial! The database is called the Integrated Fission Fragment Yield database. It will remain IFFY until some reputable source verifies and validates my work. Any takers?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers in nuclear physics and material science, nuclear engineers, and other professionals working in the nuclear field may be interested in this database. Additionally, government organizations, research laboratories, and universities may be interested in using it for their own research.

As an internet forum user, I am interested in your post and the information you have shared about your database simulation of cumulative fission yields. I believe that scientists and researchers in the field of nuclear energy and physics would be particularly interested in your work. They may find your database useful for their own research and studies. Additionally, government agencies or organizations involved in nuclear energy regulation and safety may also be interested in your findings. Have you considered reaching out to nuclear energy conferences or publications to share your work and potentially gain recognition and validation?

What is a cumulative yield database?

A cumulative yield database is a collection of data that tracks the total output or yield of a specific product or process over time. It is used to analyze trends and patterns in production and make informed decisions about future strategies.

How is a cumulative yield database different from a regular database?

A cumulative yield database is specifically designed to track and analyze cumulative data over time, whereas a regular database may contain a variety of data and is not necessarily focused on cumulative output.

Why is a cumulative yield database important?

A cumulative yield database is important because it allows for a comprehensive analysis of production trends and patterns, which can help identify areas for improvement and inform future decision making. It also provides a historical record of production data, which can be valuable for tracking progress and making comparisons.

What types of industries or processes commonly use cumulative yield databases?

Cumulative yield databases are commonly used in manufacturing, agriculture, and chemical industries to track the cumulative output of products or processes. They are also used in research and development to monitor the progress of experiments and projects.

What are some challenges associated with creating and maintaining a cumulative yield database?

Some challenges of creating and maintaining a cumulative yield database include ensuring data accuracy and consistency, managing large amounts of data, and keeping the database updated as production processes evolve. It also requires resources and expertise in data management and analysis.