Data Management - Probability of Cards

In summary, there are 39 decks of cards remaining after removing the spades. The probability of drawing two hearts is (13/39) * (13/39). However, the final probability must also consider the third card, which can be any suit. The total number of ways the three cards can be ordered is 6, and since this is with replacement, the same probability applies to each ordering. Therefore, the final answer for a) would be (13/39) * (13/39) * 6 = 0.333.
marialovesphysics
Homework Statement
I have tried solving this question multiple times, and I was unable to do so.
Three cards are drawn from a deck of cards, with replacement. The 13 spades have been removed from the deck. Find the probability that:
A) at least two hearts are chosen.

B) the last two cards are diamonds or the first card is a king.

C) they are 3 aces, given they are not face cards
Relevant Equations
Fractions, P(A or B) , P(A and B) , P (A``````````````|B) Either of them could be required and maybe other stuff too
Here is my work so far:
52-13=39 There are 39 decks of cards left since the spades were removed.
a)
Then there 13 hearts therefore, (13/39 ) * (13/39 ) that would be two hearts but I am not sure what to do next. But I am sure that it would be 39 cards and 13 hearts on top (maybe) cus it is replacement.
I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. Please let help me with this urgent matter.

Physics news on Phys.org
You have the probability that the first two cards, A&B, are a heart. In that situation, the third card, C, can be anything. So what is your calculated probability for that situation (A=heart, B=heart, C=anything)? Then you have to figure out how many different ways the three cards could have been ordered: ABC, ACB, BCA, BAB, etc. Since this is with replacement, the same probability is true for every way to order the cards. So what would your final answer for a) be?

1. What is the purpose of data management in probability of cards?

Data management is essential in probability of cards as it helps organize and analyze large amounts of data related to card games. This allows for more accurate calculations and predictions of the likelihood of certain cards being drawn.

2. How is data collected and stored in probability of cards?

Data can be collected through various methods such as manual recording, computerized tracking, or online databases. It is then stored in a structured manner using databases or spreadsheets for easy retrieval and analysis.

3. What are some common techniques used in data management for probability of cards?

Some common techniques used in data management for probability of cards include sampling, regression analysis, and data visualization. These techniques help to identify patterns and trends in the data, making it easier to make informed decisions.

4. How does data management impact the accuracy of probability calculations?

Data management plays a crucial role in improving the accuracy of probability calculations. By ensuring that the data is organized and free of errors, it allows for more precise calculations and reduces the chances of incorrect predictions.

5. What are some challenges in data management for probability of cards?

One of the main challenges in data management for probability of cards is dealing with large amounts of data and ensuring its accuracy. Another challenge is finding the right balance between collecting enough data for accurate calculations and avoiding data overload.