Data Scientist Phone interview at Apple

In summary, the individual has a phone interview at Apple tomorrow and is seeking tips on what part of statistics to review. They mention focusing on concepts rather than computations, and suggest reviewing linear regression and logistic regression. They also mention that Apple likes to mix in non-technical questions during interviews and provide a link to some potential questions.
FallenApple
So I have a phone interview at Apple tomorrow. Are there any tips on what part of statistics I should review?

I guess it wouldn't be helpful to do computations with matrix equations or derivations, but focus more on the concepts?

I suppose I can review linear regression and logistic regression. Not sure if longitudinal regression or survival analysis would be overkill.

Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats on the interview! Apple seems like it would be a fun place to work.

I'm of no help on your technical questions, but I do know that Apple likes to mix in a few non-technical (sometimes off-the-wall) questions to see how you handle them. Here's a Google search with some pages you might want to skim through. I don't think you should spend a lot of time reading through the pages, but it probably would be good to see the kinds of unusual questions you might get asked in addition to the technical questions...

https://www.google.com/search?q=interview+questions+at+Apple&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

:smile:

Likes FallenApple
berkeman said:
Congrats on the interview! Apple seems like it would be a fun place to work.

I'm of no help on your technical questions, but I do know that Apple likes to mix in a few non-technical (sometimes off-the-wall) questions to see how you handle them. Here's a Google search with some pages you might want to skim through. I don't think you should spend a lot of time reading through the pages, but it probably would be good to see the kinds of unusual questions you might get asked in addition to the technical questions...

https://www.google.com/search?q=interview+questions+at+Apple&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

:smile:
Thanks, I will look at some of them. Yeah, I also think it would be fun to work at Apple.

1. How should I prepare for a data scientist phone interview at Apple?

To prepare for a data scientist phone interview at Apple, make sure you have a strong understanding of data science concepts and techniques, as well as a solid foundation in programming languages like Python and R. It is also important to research Apple's products and services and familiarize yourself with their data science team and their goals.

2. What type of technical questions can I expect during a data scientist phone interview at Apple?

You can expect to be asked technical questions related to data analysis, modeling, and machine learning. These may include questions about your experience with specific programming languages and tools, as well as your approach to solving data science problems and your understanding of statistical concepts.

3. What are the key qualities that Apple looks for in a data scientist?

Apple values data scientists who have a strong analytical mindset, are curious and eager to learn, and have excellent communication and collaboration skills. They also look for candidates who have a strong passion for technology and a deep understanding of data science principles and techniques.

4. What is the interview process like for a data scientist at Apple?

The interview process for a data scientist at Apple typically includes a phone interview, followed by multiple in-person interviews with different members of the data science team. These interviews may include technical questions, behavioral questions, and hands-on coding exercises to assess your skills and fit for the role.

5. How can I stand out during a data scientist phone interview at Apple?

To stand out during a data scientist phone interview at Apple, be sure to showcase your technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and passion for data science. Be prepared to provide specific examples from your past experiences and projects to demonstrate your expertise and potential value to the team. It is also important to have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and to ask thoughtful questions about the role and the company.